Are you a typical <insert birth order> child?

Started by merithyn, September 11, 2009, 01:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where are you in the birth order of your family?

oldest
middle
youngest
only child
Other - explain

DisturbedPervert

I Killed Kenny

I'm the oldest. I was only child until 8 :p

Oh and I'm having a Brother, just 22 years of difference.

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on September 11, 2009, 03:27:21 PM
You folks with deceased sibs: what did they die of?
My younger brother had an aneurism in his brain, or some type of thing like that of a broken blood vessel. He came in from shoveling snow one day, after a snowstorm, with a headache. My mother gave him an aspirin but he went into unconsiousness as we thought he was sleeping. Rushed to the hospital, was in Boston Children's Hospital for about a week. What a horrific week that was; doctors couldn't do anything. My parents were all beside themselves, all of us were, aunts, uncles.

I even saw my brother being transported in the hospital. I wasn't expecting that at all. I went into an elevator, and the docs/nurses wheeled in my brother to bring him somewhere. That was kind of a shock to me. I just looked and didn't do or say anything, no idea what to say, if anything.

BuddhaRhubarb

Moreso when I was younger. Now I don't fit any molds.
:p

BuddhaRhubarb

ps what do people make of the Languish stat that the overwhelming majority of us are the Eldest Sibling  in our families? what does that say about us? We like to make Timmay hit himself?

Korea

Quote from: KRonn on September 12, 2009, 01:56:39 PM
My younger brother had an aneurism in his brain, or some type of thing like that of a broken blood vessel. He came in from shoveling snow one day, after a snowstorm, with a headache. My mother gave him an aspirin but he went into unconsiousness as we thought he was sleeping. Rushed to the hospital, was in Boston Children's Hospital for about a week. What a horrific week that was; doctors couldn't do anything. My parents were all beside themselves, all of us were, aunts, uncles.

I even saw my brother being transported in the hospital. I wasn't expecting that at all. I went into an elevator, and the docs/nurses wheeled in my brother to bring him somewhere. That was kind of a shock to me. I just looked and didn't do or say anything, no idea what to say, if anything.

I'm sorry. That's terrible. How old were you?
I want my mother fucking points!

dps

My stepbrother shot himself in the head.

I don't feel like any of the birth order stuff really applies to me.  I don't even know exactly how to place myself, anyway--my stepbrother was 22 years older than me, and my half-brother is 7 years younger.  I think that makes me more of an only child than anything else, really.

KRonn

Quote from: Korea on September 12, 2009, 04:57:59 PM
Quote from: KRonn on September 12, 2009, 01:56:39 PM

I'm sorry. That's terrible. How old were you?
I was eighteen. 

jimmy olsen

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on September 12, 2009, 04:48:26 PM
ps what do people make of the Languish stat that the overwhelming majority of us are the Eldest Sibling  in our families? what does that say about us? We like to make Timmay hit himself?
I'm the eldest child in my family too. :contract:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Caliga on September 11, 2009, 02:54:32 PM
Interesting, I had a sister who died as well... :mellow:

I wonder how many of us have deceased siblings. :unsure:

I am the oldest child, with one brother who is five years younger (he would have been the third child if my sister had not died).

My younger sister (and her not quite 2 month old baby, and 3 closest friends all died in a car crash ...bad weather, bad bad highway, old drivers in other vehicle, no booze in either) in 1993 She was 6 years younger than me, and my brother is 6 years younger than that. It was different being the eldest of three. I felt more "family responsibility" then, than I do now. Me and my bro are sympatico and chummy, but only see each other every few years, talk rarely on the phone.

I think I would have been close if my sister had grown up (she was 20) as we had already started getting past the juvenile shit when she died, and were beginning to relate as adult siblings.

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2009, 07:20:10 PM
I'm the eldest child in my family too. :contract:

I despair for your siblings with you being the one who is supposed to look out for them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

charliebear

I'm the youngest of four.  I don't fit the profile at all.

Ideologue

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 11, 2009, 03:44:49 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 11, 2009, 01:58:16 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 11, 2009, 01:13:57 PM
True. I'm a first child that had a little sister for 7 years & then became an Only child.

Huh? :unsure:

My parents are divorced. She lives with my mom, I live with my dad. We don't see eachother much.

That's not so bad.  I thought you were one of the (apparently many :huh: ) folks who've had a sibling die.

The same thing that happened to you and your sis happened with me and mine.  When my mom died, she came back to live with us, of course, but I'm not that close with her.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)