News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Young People and Politics

Started by Jacob, May 29, 2024, 03:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2024, 03:56:58 PMI do feel like we have hit the high-water mark of the extreme pro-trans/anti-women movement, and hopefully we can still hit on a sweet spot where we are still kind and respectful to trans people (including using their pronouns) while still respecting certain women-only spaces.

I am happy for any result that is "be nice to trans people". Even this supposed "anti-woman" movement comes from a good place of just wanting trans people to be accepted. But these kinds of things need to be worked out.

Quote from: chipwich on June 10, 2024, 04:00:23 PMNot if people believe the Garbons and Valmys of the world who keep telling us there's no trouble in paradise.

Well nobody is perfect but I only disputed the extreme characterization. That somehow there is some big tyrannical movement afoot.

QuoteI have provided evidence that deranged tans activists are capturing the medical community and instigating them to use misogynistic language.

This one article is hardly evidence of that and even to the extent they are it only applies to themselves. I am not sure even if they insist, somewhat absurdly, that their cervix is to be called a front hole is really the giant form of tyranny and misogyny you are characterizing.

BB said that things are working themselves out and you did not dispute that, kind of a weird thing to be happening if tyranny was afoot. As far as me ruining any attempt for trans people and women to come together and singe kumbaya, I am not even really part of that conversation dude. I don't think they are all listening to me for what needs to happen.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

But even if I accepted that perhaps there is some extreme core of trans people that has actual power and influence to actually do something bad (like make us call cervixes something icky), that still doesn't explain why that would justify wanting to oppose gay marriage  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Have I mentioned that I recently learned the term "bussy," or boy pussy?  Aka asshole.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 10, 2024, 08:12:47 PMHave I mentioned that I recently learned the term "bussy," or boy pussy?  Aka asshole.

Is that a trans thing? Or a gay thing?  :hmm:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on June 10, 2024, 08:14:43 PMIs that a trans thing? Or a gay thing?  :hmm:

I heard it from a couple twinks.