Democrats are in denial. Their party is actually in deep trouble.

Started by jimmy olsen, October 19, 2015, 10:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on October 21, 2015, 05:51:23 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 21, 2015, 05:50:39 PM
Why are we talking about coin flips now?
We're trying to pass time while waiting for Berkut.

It would be more interesting, that is certain.  :P

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 21, 2015, 05:51:23 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 21, 2015, 05:50:39 PM
Why are we talking about coin flips now?
We're trying to pass time while waiting for Berkut.

I spent the afternoon killing wasps and drilling holes in things.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Anyway, I don't think the Democrats are in deep trouble, though I'll be damned before I vote for the goddamn Red.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on October 21, 2015, 06:16:42 PM
Anyway, I don't think the Democrats are in deep trouble, though I'll be damned before I vote for the goddamn Red.

We get these articles all the time.  One or other of the parties is going to be completely dominate for the next 20-50 years, and the other is going to become irrelevant.  It's BS.  The fact is, the 2 parties, on a nationwide level, have roughly equal amounts of voter support, with a relatively small number of swing voters determining the outcome of elections.  Yeah, about a third of the electorate identifies as independent, but many of them aren't truly independent--nowhere near a third of voters are swing voters.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on October 22, 2015, 04:54:38 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 21, 2015, 06:16:42 PM

We get these articles all the time.  One or other of the parties is going to be completely dominate for the next 20-50 years, and the other is going to become irrelevant.  It's BS.  The fact is, the 2 parties, on a nationwide level, have roughly equal amounts of voter support, with a relatively small number of swing voters determining the outcome of elections.  Yeah, about a third of the electorate identifies as independent, but many of them aren't truly independent--nowhere near a third of voters are swing voters.
The GOP has dominated congress for the last 20 years (they've controlled the House for 80% of the time).
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

That ain't dominance. Not like the Dems controlled the House in the mid 20th century. 1949-94, 290+ members at some points.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?