And we're back!

Main Menu

Next week I shall be in: Pikeville

Started by Caliga, June 26, 2009, 05:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

:huh:  Have you been to Pahkvull before?  I'm all about the Bluegrass, but nothing could get me to go there.

BTW don't forget about Goettafest in August  :cheers:

edit: the "original" Goettafest is this weekend in Mainstrasse Village (Covington).  Not sure why the hell there are two of these things.

I'm going to try to avoid going to the Greek Festival at all costs.  It would be a great festival if it weren't for all the people.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Nope, never been.... and Goettafest has not been forgotten.  :cool:

charliebear

We'll expect photos and a full write up.

Be safe.  Have fun.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on June 26, 2009, 09:18:53 AM
Nope, never been....

You're in for a treat then, my friend.  The rednecks in West Virginia make redneck jokes about the rednecks in Pikeville ;)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

MadImmortalMan

Visit Devil Anse Hatfield's grave monument.  :outback:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

KRonn

Caliga

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 26, 2009, 10:51:30 AM
Visit Devil Anse Hatfield's grave monument.  :outback:
I wish I'd gone up for the Hatfield and McCoy reunion festival.  I also missed Hillbilly Days again this year. :(

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on June 26, 2009, 10:55:50 AM
I wish I'd gone up for the Hatfield and McCoy reunion festival.  I also missed Hillbilly Days again this year. :(

I heard that the day Colt McCoy was born the Hatfields surrendered.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on June 26, 2009, 10:47:16 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 26, 2009, 10:16:51 AM
Do you have a purty mouth, Cal?  :lol:
*I* think so.  Why do you ask?  :)

It's not me who will be asking.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

But it is you who has asked now, sirrah.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on June 26, 2009, 10:59:47 AM
But it is you who has asked now, sirrah.

Merely to highlight the risk, which will be higher if the mouth is indeed "purty".  :)