News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

General issues

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 09, 2013, 06:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Starting a new general site issues thread.

Sorry about the outage.  Apparently the house lost power long enough to run out the battery in the UPS.

CountDeMoney

It wiped out my ROCKS thread in TBR, so I don't want to hear anybody bitch about me deleting it, mmmkay?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 09, 2013, 06:50:44 PM
It wiped out my ROCKS thread in TBR, so I don't want to hear anybody bitch about me deleting it, mmmkay?

:yeahright:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Not sure what happened there.  I have never seen a table corrupt itself like that before, and come to think of it I have never seen any table except the one that holds the messages ever show up corrupt.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 12, 2013, 11:01:44 PM
and come to think of it I have never seen any table except the one that holds the messages ever show up corrupt.

Good, so you'll know what to do about the Tsarnaev thread, as that seems to be corrupted, right?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Thanks for pointing that out.  Its fixed now.

CountDeMoney

It's probably all that Matrix Games crap you've loaded on to the machine that's corrupting stuff.  Somebody should look into that.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Except there isn't any on the server. :P

Caliga

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 12, 2013, 11:01:44 PM
Not sure what happened there.  I have never seen a table corrupt itself like that before, and come to think of it I have never seen any table except the one that holds the messages ever show up corrupt.
I have... always been when a system drops offline unexpectedly (e.g. power failure).  Did you have any power issues before Languish dropped?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Caliga on July 13, 2013, 05:27:52 AM
I have... always been when a system drops offline unexpectedly (e.g. power failure).  Did you have any power issues before Languish dropped?

That is what I meant by not corrupting itself.  The only times I have seen it happen in the past has been on restarting the system after a power outage.  I have never seen a lag of multiple days between an incident and database issues.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Heh, yeah, I just got the mail server reconfigured correctly.

garbon

It was nice re-living last fall.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom