News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I've seen tunnels you can drive through.  Been in them.  I was talking about the tunnels underneath Shifra.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Threviel on December 20, 2023, 04:21:34 AM
Quote from: Jacob on December 20, 2023, 03:53:17 AM
Quote from: Threviel on December 20, 2023, 03:10:05 AMYeah, but the anti-semites will paint that as either false confession or a reasonable act due to Jewish perfidy.

We know the Gazans are scum breaking every rule in the book, more evidence is not going to make their supporters stop supporting them. 

Gazans?

Yeah, the state entity at war with Israel since their Oct 7th attack.

Gaza is now a state? Wow, that's great news.  The two state solution dreamed of for a long time has now come to fruition.

Once again, languish comes through, and informs in a way that no other news source could.

But perhaps you could provide a link just in case there are some here who don't believe your assertion that Gaza is in fact a state.

Grey Fox

Wait, if it's not a state what was it before Oct 7th?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Yeah I think it's definitely a de facto/quasi state in some way.

There was a defined territory with a single central political body that maintained a monopoly on the legitimate use of violence.

It may not have been a declared or internationally recognised state.
Let's bomb Russia!

PJL

Yeah, I'd consider Gaza a de facto if not de jure state, even if it's more like Somaliland than Taiwan.

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 20, 2023, 11:52:41 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/shorts/4G6zx8vsEyQ

I've been getting tons of these IDF hottie videos.
See, if the Palestinians would put stuff like that out I might support them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 20, 2023, 11:10:25 AMWait, if it's not a state what was it before Oct 7th?

Its a good question. 
Quote from: PJL on December 20, 2023, 11:29:25 AMYeah, I'd consider Gaza a de facto if not de jure state, even if it's more like Somaliland than Taiwan.

how would it be a de jure state?

Sheilbh

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 20, 2023, 12:07:25 PMhow would it be a de jure state?
Declaration of independence and international recognition.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 20, 2023, 12:12:36 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 20, 2023, 12:07:25 PMhow would it be a de jure state?
Declaration of independence and international recognition.

That sounds more like a de facto existence.  For it to be de jure at a minimum the state of Israel would have to agree that it is a legitimate state.  And there is no way that is happening any time soon.

Sheilbh

Yeah. Practically if the US doesn't recognise you (and tough to see Israel dissenting) then you're not going to be a state operating with legal rights (and the first part of that probably gestures at the contingency of it).
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Has any country recognized Gaza?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on December 20, 2023, 02:15:45 PMHas any country recognized Gaza?

Hamas / Gaza doesn't want recognition as Gaza - they want recognition as Palestine.

I don't think even Iran has recognized Hamas as the rightful leaders of "Palestine".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

Yeah they've not declared independence or, as you say, have any ambition to do so.

Many countries officially recognise Palestine but that's the PA.
Let's bomb Russia!

Threviel

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_(polity)

It's quite clear that Gaza, with Hamas as leaders, can be defined as a state.

It may not be a sovereign state or a nation state or a welfare state or an internationally recognised state, but it is quite clearly some kind of state.