News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threviel

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 09, 2023, 03:02:13 AMThe only solution is a permanent destruction of the culture and society which gives rise to cancers like Hamas. Palestinian society needs to be totally reformed the way Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan were.

Yeah, there are two solutions. The Roman one where they are all killed and the one where they are lifted out of poverty and integrated into the modern world.

I think we are closer to the Roman solution and I have very little belief that the second one is possible. It was possible in Germany due to the nazi government losing all credibility and the threat of the Soviets. But the population was educated and the basic values present.

In Gaza you have an indoctrinated relatively uneducated poor population that supports a Hamas that has gained credibility and will do everything in its power to sabotage any efforts. To that an enraged and more and more extremist Israel that is not in any mood what so ever to play Gandhi.

Josquius

Quote from: Threviel on October 09, 2023, 02:58:04 AMIf the bad guys could be solidly painted as bad guys political opposition to helping out Ukraine, Taiwan and Israel would decrease.

One of these things is not like the others.

Quote from: DGuller on October 08, 2023, 11:38:29 PMSometimes I wonder how much the practice of using own civilians as human shields would be utilized if it didn't work so well with some in the West.

That's not the main reason they do it. Its for domestic consumption.  Israel caring less about civilian casualties plays right into their hands. As mentioned its Islamic Extremism 101- troll your opponents into harsh reprisals where lots of muslims are killed so you can go "see, told you so, join us in the war of civilizations the propaganda demands"
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

In Sweden the attack was celebrated in several places. Biggest celebration in a city in the south of Sweden where 200-300 cars made up an impromptu parade. Many people in Sweden really hate Jews.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Hamilcar

Threviel

Quote from: Josquius on October 09, 2023, 03:16:07 AM
Quote from: Threviel on October 09, 2023, 02:58:04 AMIf the bad guys could be solidly painted as bad guys political opposition to helping out Ukraine, Taiwan and Israel would decrease.

Personally I think that useful idiots ought to be shunned from civil society.

Hamilcar

QuoteDefense Minister Yoav Gallant: "I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed. We are fighting human animals and we act accordingly."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: The Brain on October 09, 2023, 03:58:07 AMIn Sweden the attack was celebrated in several places. Biggest celebration in a city in the south of Sweden where 200-300 cars made up an impromptu parade. Many people in Sweden really hate Jews.

A certain type of people, I'm guessing.

Josquius

Quote from: Threviel on October 09, 2023, 04:22:19 AM
Quote from: Josquius on October 09, 2023, 03:16:07 AM

Personally I think that useful idiots ought to be shunned from civil society.
You seriously think Taiwan and Ukraine being under threat of destruction from the major military power next door are remotely comparable to Palestine?

In the Israel /Palestine situation it's Israel who are the major military power with the ability to extinguish their smaller weaker neighbour.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2023, 05:44:17 AMHuman animals?

Translation issue?

I've seen several different versions of Israeli PM statements that differ quite a bit, so have not been sure enough to quote them here.

Perhaps the Israeli government doesn't routinely release English version of those statements etc?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Hamilcar

Quote from: mongers on October 09, 2023, 06:26:30 AM

Translation issue?

I've seen several different versions of Israeli PM statements that differ quite a bit, so have not been sure enough to quote them here.

Perhaps the Israeli government doesn't routinely release English version of those statements etc?

Another translation I've seen is "barbarians".

Threviel

Quote from: Josquius on October 09, 2023, 06:18:49 AMYou seriously think Taiwan and Ukraine being under threat of destruction from the major military power next door are remotely comparable to Palestine?

In the Israel /Palestine situation it's Israel who are the major military power with the ability to extinguish their smaller weaker neighbour.

Typically useful idiot style, interpreting selective facts and leaving out others to fit the wanted narrative. In this case completely ignoring Iran, Hezbollah and the rest of the complex Arab world... Not to mention Russia and all the useful idiots (that's you) and anti-semites all over the world.

So yes, in an isolated ideal world where there's nothing else but Israel and Gaza then Israel is very much the superior military power. In the real, far more complex, world Israel is balancing on a knife's edge. All it takes is another idiot US president and a drawn out Gaza conflict where Hamas can paint themselves as victims so that useful idiots (you again) can turn EU public will against them and their enemies will smell the blood in the water.

mongers

Quote from: Threviel on October 09, 2023, 06:42:28 AM
Quote from: Josquius on October 09, 2023, 06:18:49 AMYou seriously think Taiwan and Ukraine being under threat of destruction from the major military power next door are remotely comparable to Palestine?

Typically useful idiot style, interpreting selective facts and leaving out others to fit the wanted narrative. In this case completely ignoring Iran, Hezbollah and the rest of the complex Arab world... Not to mention Russia and all the useful idiots (that's you) and anti-semites all over the world.

So yes, in an isolated ideal world where there's nothing else but Israel and Gaza then Israel is very much the superior military power. In the real, far more complex, world Israel is balancing on a knife's edge. All it takes is another idiot US president and a drawn out Gaza conflict where Hamas can paint themselves as victims so that useful idiots (you again) can turn EU public will against them and their enemies will smell the blood in the water.

Who was the first?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

OttoVonBismarck

Weird phrasing, wonder if something was lost in translation from Hebrew? Human animals in English is just "what we actually are." If you wanted to insult them you'd say they are "animals" without the human qualifier. Or call them savages, barbaric etc etc.

Josquius

Quote from: Threviel on October 09, 2023, 06:42:28 AM

The useful idiots are those who uncontroversially back supporting Israel no matter what.
Huge cross over between those with this view and those who want to drop support for Ukraine and have a few bottles of vodka in their cuboard.

Typical useful idiot style is pretending it's still 1973 and shit like these attacks are in themselves a direct military threat to the very existence of Israel.

The Arab states are not about to attack Israel. That a formal agreement on this from one of the last hold outs was meant to be coming soon is likely key to why Hamas attacked.

Face it. The Palestinians are the underdogs here by some way.
This says nothing about right or wrong and morality or any of that - I'd much rather have Israel threatening me than Russia but it's a simple fact that the practical situation on the ground is totally different in Palestine to that in Taiwan or Ukraine.
██████
██████
██████