News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2024, 02:40:51 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 26, 2024, 09:55:57 AMOkay, that is too much.

That person isn't even that fat. What a poser.
I didn't know that fat liberation was a thing.  Am I oppressed?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on April 28, 2024, 10:10:01 AMTrying to fight to defend your land doesn't invalidate your claim to the land.

What exactly are you referring to you when you say "fight to defend their land?"

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2024, 02:40:00 PMThere should free and democratic Palestinian state along the 1967 borders. That was supposedly always been the policy goal of the US.

Nope, that is over now.

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 28, 2024, 03:29:13 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2024, 02:40:00 PMThere should free and democratic Palestinian state along the 1967 borders. That was supposedly always been the policy goal of the US.

Nope, that is over now.

Indeed.  Israel wants lebensraum and it believes that every stolen bit of land is irreversibly its own.  Might makes right in Israeli relations with Palestinians.  At least they've learned the lesson that the Nazis and Soviets taught:  nibble, don't gulp.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

OttoVonBismarck

Arabs control virtually the entire region, they have lost a small part due to 75 years of misbehavior. They will be fine.

grumbler

Jews live all over the world.  Israelis could easily forgo killing thousands of children by just leaving.  They'd be fine.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Nope, that is over now.

Seems like it. So...what is our policy over there now? Seems like we don't have one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 28, 2024, 02:44:24 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2024, 02:40:51 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 26, 2024, 09:55:57 AMOkay, that is too much.

That person isn't even that fat. What a poser.
I didn't know that fat liberation was a thing.  Am I oppressed?

I have heard "fat acceptance" being some kind of social movement for awhile. But this is America, we have organically achieved this for all but the most extremely obese.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: grumbler on April 28, 2024, 05:50:13 PMJews live all over the world.  Israelis could easily forgo killing thousands of children by just leaving.  They'd be fine.

And there we go--the anti-Israelite reveals himself to be in favor of ethnic cleansing, a tale as old as time.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2024, 06:05:36 PM

Nope, that is over now.

Seems like it. So...what is our policy over there now? Seems like we don't have one.

We shouldn't necessarily have a policy, frankly. It is a common flaw in American foreign policy that we assume we can use a mixture of varying types of soft power, a few drone strikes here and there, and expect results to map to what we want. The reality is this sort of conflict doesn't get settled that way.

American foreign policy should largely be to determine what is in our best interest, and a two state solution--which has been a true political fiction for about 20 years if not more, is questionable as a basis for American interest. How can our national interest be something that is fictional and not going to happen? I don't know the optimal strategy for America here, but I doubt it is blind paeans to the Jimmy carter thru Bill Clinton era Camp David stuff that imagined a future where the PA became a state.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on April 28, 2024, 05:50:13 PMJews live all over the world.  Israelis could easily forgo killing thousands of children by just leaving.  They'd be fine.
This isn't the strongest argument you could have made.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

HVC

Are you two purposefully missing his meaning in echoing Otto's point?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on April 28, 2024, 07:20:35 PMAre you two purposefully missing his meaning in echoing Otto's point?
He needs to stop doing that.  Or at least do it well.

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 28, 2024, 07:00:23 PM

And there we go--the anti-Israelite reveals himself to be in favor of ethnic cleansing, a tale as old as time.

And here we go... the racist zealot reveals himself to be a racist to the core, unwilling to see any viewpoint but his own.

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 28, 2024, 07:02:32 PMWe shouldn't necessarily have a policy, frankly. It is a common flaw in American foreign policy that we assume we can use a mixture of varying types of soft power, a few drone strikes here and there, and expect results to map to what we want. The reality is this sort of conflict doesn't get settled that way.

American foreign policy should largely be to determine what is in our best interest, and a two state solution--which has been a true political fiction for about 20 years if not more, is questionable as a basis for American interest. How can our national interest be something that is fictional and not going to happen? I don't know the optimal strategy for America here, but I doubt it is blind paeans to the Jimmy carter thru Bill Clinton era Camp David stuff that imagined a future where the PA became a state.

Spreading democracy is one of our organizing principles.  It's one of the things that makes us great.