News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off the Record / Re: Israel-Hamas War 2023
Last post by Valmy - May 13, 2024, 01:53:23 PM
Which would be a point in Islam's favor I guess if there were only three religions and people were free to move between them depending on their own conscience. But unfortunately that is not the case, at least not historically.
Off the Record / Re: [Canada] Canadian Politics...
Last post by PRC - May 13, 2024, 01:30:02 PM
Quote from: Jacob on May 13, 2024, 12:29:25 PMIt's May, and wildfire season in Canada is already well under way.

It's going to be a hot and smoky summer :(

City of Calgary went through a rebranding process recently and a week ago announced their new tagline would be "the Blue Sky City" (previous was "Be Part of the Energy.").

Just in time for the past weekend when those blue skies were darkened with the thick acrid smoke from Northern BC & Northern Alberta forest fires. 

Oh, and Fort McMurray once again under evacuation alert.
Last post by grumbler - May 13, 2024, 01:09:54 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 13, 2024, 08:54:47 AMFrom the original Hamas Covenant

(snip)

Much of the antisemitic language of the Covenant was not included in a much later Declaration of Principles; however, to my knowledge the original Covenant has never been revoked or repudiated.  That requires judgment as to whether the later declaration represents a sincere change in belief, or was merely political rhetoric intended to secure more mainstream Arab financial support.  I never believed there was much doubt on that point, but if any doubt existed, October 7 firmly resolved it.

QuoteUnder the wing of Islam, it is possible for the followers of the three religions - Islam, Christianity and Judaism - to coexist in peace and quiet with each other. Peace and quiet would not be possible except under the wing of Islam. Past and present history are the best witness to that.
Avalon Project
Gaming HQ / Re: STELLARIS: New Paradox Gam...
Last post by Zanza - May 13, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on May 12, 2024, 11:11:41 AMWeren't machines/synths/etc. added as a DLC before?

So it's a DLC to the DLC?  :P
As Syt said, it's adding variety to the existing mechanics, not completely new things like Galactic Paragons.
Last post by grumbler - May 13, 2024, 01:04:48 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 13, 2024, 08:43:40 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 11, 2024, 08:29:20 AMThe Hamas charter talks about Jews living peacefully in an Islamic Palestine, so the genocide talk is overblown.

The Soviet constitution talked about guarantees of full civil liberties and rights, so talk about Stalinist oppression is overblown.

The US constitution talked about guarantees of full civil liberties and rights, so talk about US Racial oppression is overblown.
Off the Record / Re: [Canada] Canadian Politics...
Last post by Jacob - May 13, 2024, 12:29:25 PM
It's May, and wildfire season in Canada is already well under way.

It's going to be a hot and smoky summer :(
Gaming HQ / Re: Valve/Steam do a handheld ...
Last post by Threviel - May 13, 2024, 11:54:51 AM
How well does Paradox games play on it?
Gaming HQ / Re: Valve/Steam do a handheld ...
Last post by Caliga - May 13, 2024, 10:53:52 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 10, 2024, 10:30:58 AMThe battery will last pretty long if you stream, remote play, or play lowfi games natively, especially for the OLED model. For high end games, I usually run through GFN and get 6-8 hrs. The downside though is that you can't easily access game-specific community control schemes, and of course you need to be able to access really strong wifi in the location you're playing.
I had no battery issues playing Stardew Valley on the plane, in the Uber, etc.

But yeah, at one point I wanted to test battery life with my battery pack and booted up American Truck Simulator plugged into the battery pack.  It drained like 50 percent of the battery in 15 minutes. :lol:
Off the Record / Re: The Off Topic Topic
Last post by Josquius - May 13, 2024, 10:52:31 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on May 13, 2024, 06:36:49 AMAnother of those BBC Archive clips. From 1960, a 16 year old got arrested in East Germany on holiday :lol:
https://x.com/bbcarchive/status/1788463919113339230?s=46&t=o9GOIj6BKKcLcHiyQTlAoA

How very Famous Five.
Off the Record / Re: The Off Topic Topic
Last post by The Brain - May 13, 2024, 10:43:12 AM
OMG Ireland was the worst crap I've ever seen in Eurovision.