News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off the Record / Re: Brexit and the waning days...
Last post by Zoupa - Today at 04:36:59 PM
Gaming HQ / Re: News from the lovely world...
Last post by Jacob - Today at 03:21:50 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on Today at 12:15:01 PM
Quote from: Jacob on May 10, 2024, 10:01:46 AMIf they put the advertising where advertising is in the real world - i.e. along the edge of the pitch - it might not be too bad.

If it interrupts gameplay, it'll be terrible.

Jacob, this is the post I was responding to.  The assertion you made that in the real world advertising is only on the sides is not accurate and so holding a non real world to a standard that does not exist in reality has its flaws.

My bad. Should've used "e.g." not "i.e."
Off the Record / Re: The Off Topic Topic
Last post by Jacob - Today at 03:20:35 PM
Interesting.

I suppose it's not impossible to do "random path before clicking on the captcha box" behaviour, so I guess this box is will eventually lose it's efficacy.
Off the Record / Re: The Off Topic Topic
Last post by Admiral Yi - Today at 03:09:54 PM

Why bots can't click "I'm not a robot." :hmm:
Last post by Josquius - Today at 02:39:34 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on Today at 12:15:01 PM
Quote from: Jacob on May 10, 2024, 10:01:46 AMIf they put the advertising where advertising is in the real world - i.e. along the edge of the pitch - it might not be too bad.

Jacob, this is the post I was responding to.  The assertion you made that in the real world advertising is only on the sides is not accurate and so holding a non real world to a standard that does not exist in reality has its flaws.

Surely I meant it figuratively.
It's not just on the sides. It's on shirts too and the sporting goods companies logo everywhere is advertising too I suppose.
But there's a world of difference between footballs pretty low key sponsor logo on the shirt and say motor sport where you've a thousand sponsor logos all over the driver and car.

I honestly don't seethe problem with it if it's done like in most films. Guy gets a drink - it's Pepsi. They're paying for this. But he's getting a drink as a natural part of the script. He's chatting to a guy outside a shop. He doesn't just suddenly stop to talk about the cool refreshing taste of Pepsi.
Off the Record / Re: 2024 US Presidential Elect...
Last post by Barrister - Today at 02:32:29 PM
Quote from: grumbler on Today at 01:39:40 PMRFK, or RFK, Jr? 

RFK is a lot more plausible.

I know I think I might choose the 50 year plus dead corpse for president at this point...
Last post by grumbler - Today at 01:39:40 PM
RFK, or RFK, Jr? 

RFK is a lot more plausible.
Last post by Admiral Yi - Today at 12:50:26 PM
Remember that poll that had RFK at 33% of the vote?
Last post by crazy canuck - Today at 12:15:01 PM

Off the Record / Re: Dead Pool 2024
Last post by crazy canuck - Today at 12:10:32 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on Today at 11:33:12 AMOh RIP Alice Munro :(

An absolute giant.

One of the greats.