News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Witcher 3

Started by Martinus, May 13, 2015, 07:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

This novel series came out before Game of Thrones was written right? Maybe this just shows the cruel and vicious ways of Eastern Europe.

[spoiler]The Prussians brought discipline and order in the place of the corrupt and anarchic Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth as well -_-[/spoiler]
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2015, 08:07:50 AM
This novel series came out before Game of Thrones was written right? Maybe this just shows the cruel and vicious ways of Eastern Europe.

[spoiler]The Prussians brought discipline and order in the place of the corrupt and anarchic Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth as well -_-[/spoiler]

The first book was published in 1990 so I think before GoT, yeah.

Scipio

Radovid's a crazy cunt.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Martinus

Quote from: Scipio on July 07, 2015, 11:27:43 PM
Radovid's a crazy cunt.

Yeah. From what I heard and seen so far, Nilfgard seems like a much more preferable regime.

Scipio

Got the good ending this time. The post- win world is lame, though. Just have a shitloard of question marks to visit and races to win, plus fight the champ of champs. I'm only lvl 35, so I'm not so sanguine about it.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Martinus

For people who have already done so, what option did you guys go with [spoiler]the witches in Velen?[/spoiler] I reloaded several times, because I couldn't decide, and eventually went with [spoiler]releasing the spirit[/spoiler]. I thought [spoiler]saving the children[/spoiler] was the more moral choice, as all the other deaths it caused were more justified by the dead people's earlier actions.

Martinus

Quote from: Scipio on July 08, 2015, 04:34:34 PM
Got the good ending this time. The post- win world is lame, though. Just have a shitloard of question marks to visit and races to win, plus fight the champ of champs. I'm only lvl 35, so I'm not so sanguine about it.

I understand they will continue releasing DLCs with new quests so it may be a good reason to go back to the game once they do.

Scipio

I completed all of the contracts. I am a pro witcher.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Martinus

Releasing the spirit is also in accordance with the contract's letter.

Scipio

Quote from: Martinus on July 09, 2015, 08:37:31 AM
Releasing the spirit is also in accordance with the contract's letter.
I preferred the other solution, but YMMV.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Martinus

A lot of tough choices in this game, yeah.

The ceremony of "Dziady" (not sure how they translated that into English) was a nice touch. There is a well known Polish romantic poem/play called the same, written by a guy considered to be the greatest Polish poet (though YMMV) and everybody learns it in school - many quotes said by the shaman and the people were taken straight out of it. I guess this is a kind of Easter egg only Polish people will appreciate. :P

Martinus

I just love it when I am cleaning a bandit camp and cast a sign and one of the bandits goes "Spell! Motherfucker is casting a fucking spell!"  :lol:

Legbiter

Quote from: Martinus on July 09, 2015, 04:22:18 AM
For people who have already done so, what option did you guys go with [spoiler]the witches in Velen?[/spoiler] I reloaded several times, because I couldn't decide, and eventually went with [spoiler]releasing the spirit[/spoiler]. I thought [spoiler]saving the children[/spoiler] was the more moral choice, as all the other deaths it caused were more justified by the dead people's earlier actions.

Killed it. Generally my Geralt was all "Spare me the sob story". :mad: Except that thieving doppelganger in Novigrad.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

My m.o. seems to be that I usually spare the monsters and kill the humans.  :hmm:

Norgy

Quote from: Martinus on July 13, 2015, 02:18:53 AM
My m.o. seems to be that I usually spare the monsters and kill the humans.  :hmm:

That might actually work as your sig too.  :lol: :hug: