News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: sbr on July 24, 2009, 03:32:37 PM
What does that have to do with the actual buying of the game?

Unlike some fools, I don't buy things that I don't intend to play. Especially not digital copies of games.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

So I bought DV from GamersGate and the stupid thing charged me three times for it :ultra:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

Downloaded my new copy of EU3 Complete, installed, patched, started it up!

And it crashed. Immediately. Didn't even get to a loading screen.

That is quality right there.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jaron

:nelson: to all those who didn't heed the word of the anti Paradox prophet Jaron.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on July 25, 2009, 01:29:02 AM
Downloaded my new copy of EU3 Complete, installed, patched, started it up!

And it crashed. Immediately. Didn't even get to a loading screen.

That is quality right there.
Mine worked fine.  No mods or anything, though.

Glad to see Paradox finally realized that people don't want to resign and go to the endgame screen every time they leave the game.  That used to drive me crazy.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Nope, no mods here. Just crashes when you hit the play button from the loader.

They suck.

0 rows returned

Barrister

My copy of EU3 Complete works just fine.   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

You know, it doesn't even seem to be starting the program - the instant I click the button the error panel pops up.

0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on July 25, 2009, 05:10:35 PM
You know, it doesn't even seem to be starting the program - the instant I click the button the error panel pops up.
Sounds like the old "eye dee ten tee" problem.  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 08:21:25 PM
So I bought DV from GamersGate and the stupid thing charged me three times for it :ultra:
Of course no response yet from GamersGate regarding this issue.  :mad:

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on July 28, 2009, 12:51:47 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2009, 08:21:25 PM
Of course no response yet from GamersGate regarding this issue.  :mad:

I guess they hate rednecks. I was charged twice once and was refunded next day.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

:rolleyes: So this isn't an isolated thing, eh?

garbon

AGEOD charged me once for Great Invasions but gave me two different serial keys. When I wrote them (as a good samaritan does), they told me I was mistaken...and yet, I still had two functioning keys. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Syt, did you email or call and do you remember what the phone/email was that you contacted?

Caliga

They've now responded to my initial email and said I was refunded, but I don't see the reverse charge yet.