News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The everything miniatures wargaming thread

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

So... any finished models for the Kingmaker's forces?  The armies of the Bear and Ragged Staff need worthy forces to combat their enemies.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

You'll be pleased to know that I am getting into WotR again, ordered a bunch of books and have set up my painting stuff again. :)

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: The Brain on March 19, 2011, 01:42:21 PM
You'll be pleased to know that I am getting into WotR again, ordered a bunch of books and have set up my painting stuff again. :)
:thumbsup:  Excellent.  Keep me informed.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Jacob

I've been working on assembling my piles of 40K Imperial Guard. Should I get to the painting and playing stage I'll be sure to post some updates.

Josquius

Re: bases.
I've known people to use UK 2 pence pieces. They're just the right size. Maybe a bit thin but then they stick two together.
Not a perfect solution of course but if you're at the level of considering poker chips...

I keep meaning to get back into painting warhammer but just can't make myself do it...
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

OK finished one guy. He's a color test and a getting-back-in-the-saddle-after-six-months project. Some things worked and some things didn't and will be changed for the next guy (for instance the chainmail), but he's still fit for the tabletop.

I gave him the red Warwick livery, but I haven't added a badge. My plan is to keep RnF in simple colors, this will let them be used in several roles (for instance red can also be Sir William Stanley). Only command groups will be definitely identified with banners and badges.

Jacob

Pretty nice. Personally, I'd give the face a wash with one of the brown citadel washes, to get some more definition there. That's just my style of painting, tho'.

I like the dirty white sleeves and leggings.

The Brain

Quote from: Jacob on March 26, 2011, 12:39:08 AM
Pretty nice. Personally, I'd give the face a wash with one of the brown citadel washes, to get some more definition there. That's just my style of painting, tho'.

I like the dirty white sleeves and leggings.

I did, but not enough. Will be improved for the next guy. :)

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: The Brain on March 24, 2011, 12:34:38 PM
OK finished one guy. He's a color test and a getting-back-in-the-saddle-after-six-months project. Some things worked and some things didn't and will be changed for the next guy (for instance the chainmail), but he's still fit for the tabletop.

I gave him the red Warwick livery, but I haven't added a badge. My plan is to keep RnF in simple colors, this will let them be used in several roles (for instance red can also be Sir William Stanley :ultra:). Only command groups will be definitely identified with banners and badges.

Looks pretty good for a test model.  Are you planning on making any mercenary/foreign forces to complement your English forces?

The Brain

I am. Will probably buy 2 boxes.

If the Perry webshop wasn't garbage I would have ordered a bunch of metals as well a long time ago. I have yet to find the courage to order from them, and no one else carries the metals.

The Brain

Did another test model, archer belonging to Edward/Richard. As you see it's very rough and ready, I am aiming for serviceable tabletop quality. Some things didn't work so well (not happy with the pants, I would redo them but meh) but just like the billman he will serve. And these flash photos are not very flattering.

Sophie Scholl

Looks pretty good.  I actually kind of like the look of the pants.  They have a nice homespun kind of look to them.  My only thing would be the lack of detail on the faces.  Any plans on adding any?

The Brain

I don't normally paint eyes and shit. The shading is almost lost in the flash pic.