And we're back!

Main Menu

The everything miniatures wargaming thread

Started by The Brain, April 07, 2009, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2010, 11:52:53 PM
Quote from: Jacob on April 17, 2010, 01:29:00 PM
Peter Cushing was a wargamer: http://vodpod.com/watch/3136799-british-pathe-peter-cushing

grumbler would've smoked him.

Yeah, because grumps would have had an advantage in age and experience.

"You want to 'play' Waterloo? What do you know about Waterloo?? I'VE BEEN THERE!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Still waiting for the WotR infantry, but I got the other thing I ordered. I nerdcame when I unpacked this baby:

I figured since I am going medieval I might have use for a castle.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Today I got the boxes of infantry. They look pretty good. And they are cheap: 160 guys for GBP 53.

I kind of like the suggestion about going for a Warwick army. Or Ed IV. Or some combination. I will have to think about this come paint time. Before that I have some assembling to do though.

The Brain

The new WFB edition has been announced. For reasons known only to GW the cover is graced by the mighty Rockethammer. Warhammer CAN into space!

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=&section=&pIndex=0&aId=9800040a&start=1

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: The Brain on April 20, 2010, 01:09:36 PM
Today I got the boxes of infantry. They look pretty good. And they are cheap: 160 guys for GBP 53.

I kind of like the suggestion about going for a Warwick army. Or Ed IV. Or some combination. I will have to think about this come paint time. Before that I have some assembling to do though.
If you're going with some siegecraft and what not, Warwick's younger brother John Neville, Lord Montague would also work.  He curbstomped the northern Lancastrian resistance and regained a bunch of castles that the Lancastrains gained via treachery.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Neville,_1st_Marquess_of_Montagu
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

I have started assembling some models. They look very nice. I think I will try to assemble the whole guys before painting. I usually leave off arms etc to get to all those hard to reach places but if I do this with a hundred guys with tiny arms and scabbards etc I will go insane. If you can't paint it you can't see it... that will be my motto.

The Brain

Assembled some guys. These Perry minis are awesome. Look great, fine detail, mould lines are kept to a minimum. Recommended.

Sorry for the background and lighting fail but you get the idea:

Pedrito

They are teh beautiful :wub:

Can you post some more pics please?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Brain

I assembled a second command group and twelve billmen. Working on 24 longbowmen.

Disregard the glue in the second pic, I haven't cleaned them up for painting yet.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

garbon

You know, you might consider getting rid of the wisps of glue. Sort of ruins the look.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sophie Scholl

They seem a touch too armored for WotR.  I could be wrong, but the majority of commoner troops weren't sporting that much expensive armor at the time as far as I know.  I will admit though, they do look like nice minis.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 28, 2010, 02:59:49 AM
They seem a touch too armored for WotR.  I could be wrong, but the majority of commoner troops weren't sporting that much expensive armor at the time as far as I know.  I will admit though, they do look like nice minis.

The three billmen there are some of the most heavily armored models. Many models in the kit are unarmored. My reading indicates that the mix is realistic.

The Brain

Assembled some longbowmen as well. Now it is time to paint the test figure. I will pick a billman. I will use the livery of the Kingmaker. One good thing is that many liveries are fairly similar and since I won't be bothering with badges on the lowly grunts they will be fairly flexible.

Sophie Scholl