News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I don't see Ukraine collapsing.  The most important battles were won without much help from the US.  They can survive without us.  But they may be forced to accept a disadvantageous peace without US support.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Are you guy on track for a GOP victory next election?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on October 25, 2023, 10:05:13 PMI don't see Ukraine collapsing.  The most important battles were won without much help from the US.  They can survive without us.  But they may be forced to accept a disadvantageous peace without US support.

Debateable.  Massive deliveries of ATGMs were made almost immediately.  And now we're supplying them with gigantic amounts of artillery rounds, the use of which is their primary battlefield tactic.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Its really sad Biden has such low approval ratings.
Aye, he's a bit of a drab old man, then there's the hate anything that isn't Trump brigade, but he seems to be doing a much better job than anyone expected.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

House Republican caucus elects Mike Johnson as Speaker.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Razgovory on October 25, 2023, 10:05:13 PMI don't see Ukraine collapsing.  The most important battles were won without much help from the US.  They can survive without us.  But they may be forced to accept a disadvantageous peace without US support.

That won't be a peace then, just a pause until russia ready for the next round

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Jacob on October 25, 2023, 10:59:08 PMAre you guy on track for a GOP victory next election?

Based on the GOP debates and other statements by their leaders, the top Republican priorities are:

1. Ending democracy.
2. Brutalizing LGBTQ people.
3. War with Mexico.

Really, how can the democrats hope to compete with that platform?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Sheilbh

Don't forget punishing women who have abortions.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 26, 2023, 08:36:15 AMDon't forget punishing women who have abortions.

2. Brutalizing LGBTQF people?
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Lesbians tend not to have unplanned pregnancy. 

jimmy olsen

Off year elections have gone done democrats way by an average of ten points this year, that's usually a good sign for the next year.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Santos expelled from Congress.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

I'm surprised.  It's a swing seat, I thought the Republicans would put up with Santos given the 5 vote majority (now 4 until a new election is held, and could be 3 is a D is elected).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.