News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More UFO Funny Business

Started by grumbler, June 06, 2023, 11:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

I didn't want to start this thread before a somewhat-reputable source reported the story, but The Independent has reported on it, so... maybe.

Anyway, the story is that a USAF vet who served on the AUP task force now claims that
Quotethe US government has recovered materials that could be proof of UFOs, including an intact craft of "non-human origin," but they are keeping it a secret from the public.

Now, this will be a spectacular story if true, and this David Grusch guy appears to be real, but there are some major problems I have with it:

1.  Why did Grush go to sketchy media like NewsNation and The Debrief to break this story?  Why not the NYT or WaPo?  Or did he go to the reputable media and they didn't believe him?

2.  Why has there been no independent corroboration that he even filed the whistleblower complaints that he has claimed to file?  If the Pentagon cleared him to make these claims, as he says, then why doesn't the Pentagon acknowledge that?

I'm thinking that this guy is a kook, but have nothing but circumstantial evidence for that.  If he isn't, then this is BIG.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Ok. But surely other governments would have similar information? The aliens are not just visiting one country? Are all the governments just similarly deciding to conceal this information for some reason? Why would they do this?

I have just been hearing this same story my entire life and nothing has ever come of it. So I am just going to ignore this until we finally move beyond "the US government has proof of aliens, we promise guys" stage finally. Show me the proof. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2023, 11:44:32 AMOk. But surely other governments would have similar information? The aliens are not just visiting one country? Are all the governments just similarly deciding to conceal this information for some reason? Why would they do this?

I have just been hearing this same story my entire life and nothing has ever come of it. So I am just going to ignore this until we finally move beyond "the US government has proof of aliens, we promise guys" stage finally. Show me the proof. 

I agree that we've heard this before.  But never from someone who would (if he is what he says he is) know.

Someone on another board pointed out that the UFOs Are Real crowd claim four times as many UFO crashes in New Mexico as there have been conventional aircraft crashes, concluding "if we do meet these aliens, one of the things we need to avoid is their advice on how to fly UFOs."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on June 06, 2023, 12:10:55 PMSomeone on another board pointed out that the UFOs Are Real crowd claim four times as many UFO crashes in New Mexico as there have been conventional aircraft crashes, concluding "if we do meet these aliens, one of the things we need to avoid is their advice on how to fly UFOs."

Probably used AI to pilot their spacecraft

Barrister

So let me get this story straight:

-for starters this fellow Grusch has no direct knowledge of any UFOs

-what he has is that he was denied access to certain materials

-other people confided in him that "they were part of a program"

-he has since filed a whistleblower complaint

-the Independent did not speak with Grusch, but is only quoting his comments to Newsnation and The Debrief

I don't see where this all adds up to proof of UFOs.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Legbiter

So the US government has flying saucers and stuff but because of bureaucratic limbo a la the Ark of the Covenant the truth stays hidden.  :hmm:

Ok.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Josquius

If I worked in the upper echelons of the air force I would totally pull the leg of UFO believers in the organisation.
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

Quote from: Josquius on June 06, 2023, 02:27:57 PMIf I worked in the upper echelons of the air force I would totally pull the leg of UFO believers in the organisation.

:lol:

Yeah get all mysterious, make cryptic remarks about recovery efforts. The folklore is so ingrained now in the American psyche the guy will have books to sell and fun UFO conventions to go to.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

The farmer in that meme died last month.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on June 06, 2023, 12:50:20 PMSo let me get this story straight:

-for starters this fellow Grusch has no direct knowledge of any UFOs

-what he has is that he was denied access to certain materials

-other people confided in him that "they were part of a program"

-he has since filed a whistleblower complaint

-the Independent did not speak with Grusch, but is only quoting his comments to Newsnation and The Debrief

I don't see where this all adds up to proof of UFOs.

It doesn't, and that's what makes the whole thing so sketchy. 

He was on the task force that looked into the UFO issue as a representative of the National Reconnaissance Office.  So he's a guy who should have known stuff.  But what he's bringing here is just hearsay, AFAICT.

But why do this?

Bayraktar!

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on June 06, 2023, 04:44:05 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 06, 2023, 04:16:44 PMThe farmer in that meme died last month.

Aliens?

Those who know don't talk, and those who talk don't know.

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2023, 11:44:32 AMOk. But surely other governments would have similar information? The aliens are not just visiting one country? Are all the governments just similarly deciding to conceal this information for some reason? Why would they do this?

Many years ago, towards the end of the Jean Lesage mandate, plans were made to build the Complexe G on Quebec city's parliamentary hill.

Under his successor, Daniel Johnson, work began on Quebec's most emblematic architectural work of art:
 Marieguyart.jpg

What's been kept as a secret is that while digging the foundations, the team found a strange artifact, temporarily misplaced, but recovered under René Lévesque mandate.

Since then, a team of elite Quebecers have been through La Porte des Étoiles spreading the wonders of French language to new worlds and civilizations.

The CIA obviously soon caught wind of that and wanted in.  Alas, due to the language barrier, the Americans and Canadians were never able to duplicate our success and effectively communicate with alien civilizations...

The truth is out there...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on June 06, 2023, 05:30:59 PMThe CIA obviously soon caught wind of that and wanted in.  Alas, due to the language barrier, the Americans and Canadians were never able to duplicate our success and effectively communicate with alien civilizations...

The France-French were equally stymied by the language barrier.  :P

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on June 06, 2023, 09:36:33 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 06, 2023, 05:30:59 PMThe CIA obviously soon caught wind of that and wanted in.  Alas, due to the language barrier, the Americans and Canadians were never able to duplicate our success and effectively communicate with alien civilizations...

The France-French were equally stymied by the language barrier.  :P
:P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.