News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on March 22, 2023, 02:13:43 PMThe only countries openly shipping Russia arms are Iran and North Korea, who are already under sanctions.

The Chinese want to avoid being placed under sanctions which is why they haven't shipped arms to Russia so far.

Under sanctions for reasons unrelated to arms for Russia.  AFAIK there is no sanctions regime in place for supplying arms to Russia, and I haven't heard one proposed.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2023, 02:39:56 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 22, 2023, 02:13:43 PMThe only countries openly shipping Russia arms are Iran and North Korea, who are already under sanctions.

The Chinese want to avoid being placed under sanctions which is why they haven't shipped arms to Russia so far.

Under sanctions for reasons unrelated to arms for Russia.  AFAIK there is no sanctions regime in place for supplying arms to Russia, and I haven't heard one proposed.

No need to since no one is sending Russia weapons other than the nations already named.

I'm positive China has been warned about possible sanctions if they supply arms to Russia.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Quote from: Legbiter on March 22, 2023, 12:20:59 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 22, 2023, 11:39:32 AMRussia de-mothballs tanks from the 1950s and sends them to war – CIT

Scraping the barrels?

T-54s...

I guess with modern optics they'd be useful as close infantry support. :hmm:

I heard that the old tanks will most probably be used as mobile artillery, rather than in the frontlines, as the heavy use of artillery by the Russians is taking a big toll on their units and the need for maintenance is keeping many of the off the field.

Legbiter

Quote from: The Larch on March 23, 2023, 04:47:22 AMI heard that the old tanks will most probably be used as mobile artillery, rather than in the frontlines, as the heavy use of artillery by the Russians is taking a big toll on their units and the need for maintenance is keeping many of the off the field.

Vatniks will be deploying T-34s this time next year...
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

I mean they do realize Steven Seagal is a buffoonish idiot right?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2023, 11:34:17 PMI mean they do realize Steven Seagal is a buffoonish idiot right?

It could have been worse; at least they didn't hire him as an acting coach.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on March 24, 2023, 11:34:17 PMI mean they do realize Steven Seagal is a buffoonish idiot right?

QuoteSteven Seagal, one of the icons of American action movies in the 1990s and early 2000s

In most of the '90s probably, with a valiant effort at the end of the '80s, i.e Above the Law in 1988, but early 2000s...

His last movie to get a theatrical release was precisely in the early 2000s, and it was already a lackluster effort.

So, to answer your question, probably not fully enough.  :D

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Savonarola on March 25, 2023, 05:48:49 AM

:hmm:

Or Police instructor, possibly even worse? cf. Steven Seagal "lawman".

grumbler

Ukraine trolls Russia for tapping Steven Seagal to train recruits

Quote"Rumor has it that the Seagal-style running technique will be included in the training," Ukraine's Ministry of Defense tweeted Thursday.

"[R]ussian soldiers will now be able to run away from their positions with weird hand motions."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 25, 2023, 08:01:47 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on March 25, 2023, 05:48:49 AM

:hmm:

Or Police instructor, possibly even worse? cf. Steven Seagal "lawman".

Steven Seagal "A Man for All Seasonings" ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Larch

Van Damme should come out in support of Ukraine now, to have the proper 90s action star face-off we've all been waiting for.

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on March 25, 2023, 12:11:09 PMVan Damme should come out in support of Ukraine now, to have the proper 90s action star face-off we've all been waiting for.
:thumbsup:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on March 25, 2023, 12:11:09 PMVan Damme should come out in support of Ukraine now, to have the proper 90s action star face-off we've all been waiting for.

I know nothing of what he's up to these days or his views but that would be excellent publicity. Make it so.
██████
██████
██████