News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Finland, Sweden + NATO

Started by Jacob, April 13, 2022, 12:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Threviel on March 17, 2023, 03:39:11 PMWho would have thought that decades of anti-Turkish/pro-PKK politics in Sweden would have consequences...  :bleeding:

We ought to line up every Prime Minister since Carlsson and, well, give them a stern talking to, perhaps an angry glare.
Well, I can't really fault them for this.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Solmyr

Finland will officially become a NATO member on Tuesday, doubling NATO's border with Russia.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on April 03, 2023, 11:49:46 AMFinland will officially become a NATO member on Tuesday, doubling NATO's border with Russia.

With a well equipped army of 250,000 soldiers.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

And Russia threatens about reinforcing it's border especially if nato send troops to Finland.

... So... I'm not getting the downside here. Loads of troops need sending to Finland ASAP.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Heard on NPR that Finland joined on the 74th birthday of NATO.

Legbiter

Just Sweden left. When is that rug haggler up for reelection?  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on April 04, 2023, 07:22:15 AMAnd Russia threatens about reinforcing it's border especially if nato send troops to Finland.

... So... I'm not getting the downside here. Loads of troops need sending to Finland ASAP.

Yes...please move resources away from Ukraine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Legbiter

With the Finns in NATO the Russian Northern Fleet in now in missile range. And the Baltic is now a NATO lake...

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Crazy_Ivan80

Valmy

Threviel

So... Apparently Erdogan shat himself on live TV and is now in hospital.  :nelson:

Valmy

Stomach flu apparently.

Quote from: Threviel on April 27, 2023, 02:05:00 AMSo... Apparently Erdogan shat himself on live TV and is now in hospital.  :nelson:

See it is stuff like this that keeps Turkey from letting Sweden in NATO.

Josquius

I originally misread that as shot  :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

That'll have to impact the election somehow, I think.