And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zanza

Poland will deliver four MiG-29 to Ukraine.  :)

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

I get the sense that 400,000 is not being drafted, and the problem of recruiting them has been dumped on the governors.

viper37

Quote from: Legbiter on March 16, 2023, 12:38:10 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 16, 2023, 08:18:17 AMI forgot to post that.

Russian army to be replenished with 400,000 new contract service personnel

Wh-what happened to the last 400,000?
Depends whom you ask.
According to the Kremlin, they are still valiantly fighting the forces of evil on the frontlines.

Other sources disagree slightly on that interpertration...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 16, 2023, 01:45:16 PMI get the sense that 400,000 is not being drafted, and the problem of recruiting them has been dumped on the governors.

Yes. The bad Boyars will no doubt engage in all kinds of excesses to fill their recruitment targets. Putin would likely look askance at their indifferent cruelty and incompetence ... if only someone would inform him.

Jacob

Poland sending 4 MiG 29s to Ukraine shortly, with another 11 to 19 potentially coming in the not too distant future.

Sheilbh

Good. This time last year when Poland initially floated that (and the US initially endorsed it), it apparently caused very serious, very alarmed messages to be sent from Beijing to Washington which resulted in the US doing a u-turn and stopping it.

Interesting to see we're at a stage where it's either not causing Chinese alarm or Washington's a little less concerned about it.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zanza

Quote from: Jacob on March 16, 2023, 03:16:05 PMPoland sending 4 MiG 29s to Ukraine shortly, with another 11 to 19 potentially coming in the not too distant future.
Slovakia will also send thirteen MiG-29 to Ukraine.

celedhring

Somewhat related, I have tickets for Roger Waters this Monday and I bet it's going to get really uncomfortable, since he's bound to make some idiotic "bad people on both sides" comment and people over here are massively pro-Ukrainian.

Josquius

ICC put out an arrest warrant for putin.
Not sure how they work and this wasn't blocked but :)
██████
██████
██████