News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Electric cars

Started by Threviel, October 31, 2021, 01:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Lots of Tesla had a hard time during the last run of cold weather.
I hear the best is the Ioniq 5, but cold weather autonomy is around 250km when it's -5C.
Still not a good main car for our climate, I think.

Anyway, with luck, I'm keeping mine for another 10 years.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Leaning against getting electric now. They do seem far more stuff you get for keeps.
I basically need a car for the next 4 years or so. Hoping for something that keeps its value well.
Hybrid doesn't make logical sense... But they are popular. It's curious.
██████
██████
██████

Threviel

Quote from: Josquius on February 26, 2023, 02:49:42 AMThey do seem far more stuff you get for keeps.

What does that mean?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josquius on February 26, 2023, 02:49:42 AMLeaning against getting electric now. They do seem far more stuff you get for keeps.
I basically need a car for the next 4 years or so. Hoping for something that keeps its value well.
Hybrid doesn't make logical sense... But they are popular. It's curious.

Non plugging hybrid are available and significantly alter down your gas consumption for not a lot of money more than the regular ICE only car.

You have to wait years for a new electric car.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

I've also test driven a Hyundai Ioniq and a Chevy Bolt now.

I liked both, even the Bolt, though it's obviously a step down from the other two.

The one Ioniq my local Hyundai dealer has has a cracked windshield, and they keep asking me if I want it, and I keep saying no, because I don't want a car with a cracked windshield till they fix it, and then they ask me again in a day or so. :lol:

Right now I'm negotiating with two different dealers over a new and a used Mach-E. Pretty sure they both hate me at this point but I don't give a fuck. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Got tired of fighting with the Ford guys, thought about it some more blah blah blah bought a Mercedes. :ph34r:

P.S. I have named it the Colonelmobile.

Grey Fox

Caliga

C300... so, not an electric at all. :D

I figure I'll hang on to this car for five years or so and then get an electric, when there are tons more options.

Zanza

I have a C300e plugin hybrid and the 90km electric range is sufficient for my daily driving.

crazy canuck

Seeing a lot more Ioniq 5 cars around now - deliveries are obviously happening.  But not for me.  Latest update is delivery in July.  So more than a year later than initially promised.

The cars I am seeing are the base model.  I would have thought they would have given priority to the higher end models because presumably there is more profit margin there.  But I still wait.

Tonitrus

I still only see another Rivian rarely now and then.  Being CA, Teslas are everywhere.  Lots of Bolts too. 

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 17, 2023, 11:08:34 AMI still only see another Rivian rarely now and then.  Being CA, Teslas are everywhere.  Lots of Bolts too. 

Rivian production is limited to 50k units and that includes fleet vehicles. They'll never be everywhere with those numbers.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on March 16, 2023, 09:13:09 PMC300... so, not an electric at all. :D

I figure I'll hang on to this car for five years or so and then get an electric, when there are tons more options.

:lol:

6 to 8 more weeks and I'll have my new ICE car.  :blush:

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 17, 2023, 10:54:51 AMSeeing a lot more Ioniq 5 cars around now - deliveries are obviously happening.  But not for me.  Latest update is delivery in July.  So more than a year later than initially promised.

The cars I am seeing are the base model.  I would have thought they would have given priority to the higher end models because presumably there is more profit margin there.  But I still wait.
I enjoyed test driving the Ioniq but the look doesn't appeal to me too much... it somehow looks '80s' to me.  Also apparently the windshield issue I wrote about earlier is pretty common, for some reason (maybe something about the design of the front of the car?) so just be careful about that, dude.