News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 14, 2023, 12:30:55 PMProblem is that the US sanctions don't cover Rupert Murdoch, who is perfectly content to allow Moscow Rose Carlson pour his vicious Kremlin propaganda out every day into the ears of the sheep who watch his program.

Murdoch is a cancer.

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on March 14, 2023, 11:20:49 AMFor de Santis, the Ukraine war is "a territorial dispute between Ukraine and Russia".
Well, the Vietnam war was a territorial dispute between North and South Vietnam...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on March 14, 2023, 02:08:15 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 14, 2023, 12:30:55 PMProblem is that the US sanctions don't cover Rupert Murdoch, who is perfectly content to allow Moscow Rose Carlson pour his vicious Kremlin propaganda out every day into the ears of the sheep who watch his program.

Murdoch is a cancer.

Damnit. For a second I thought you said Murdoch had cancer.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on March 14, 2023, 02:43:56 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 14, 2023, 02:08:15 PM

Murdoch is a cancer.

Damnit. For a second I thought you said Murdoch had cancer.

His kids will keep the good name going for a while, in any case.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Adding this to Nixon scuppering LBJ's peace talks in thinking maybe some of the issues with the GOP aren't that recent:
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/18/us/politics/jimmy-carter-october-surprise-iran-hostages.html
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

If it's the same article I'm thinking about, it's regarding backdoor attempts by Republicans to thwart Carter's negotiation with Iran regarding the hostage crisis in order to benefit Reagan's chances in 1980.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

HVC

Lol he's transgeographical
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Minsky Moment

Geographically the orifice he is speaking out of is his mouth but metaphorically it is coming out of somewhere else.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

DGuller

I'm guessing he's not going to be making a campaign stop in Tampa Bay?

Admiral Yi

He just threw Floridians under the bus.

viper37

Florida may ban girls' period talk in elementary grades

Republicans have developed an obsession with women's menstruation lately...