News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Paradox Announcement

Started by Josephus, February 28, 2023, 09:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 02, 2023, 10:00:34 AM
Quote from: Josquius on March 02, 2023, 03:27:00 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 28, 2023, 09:49:32 AMHopefully, the successor to Cities: Skylines.

One that let's you build a non car focussed city :w00t:

Caesar3 not good enough?

I want a non raeda focused urbs
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

QuoteCaesar3 not good enough?
I want a more modern city, not less :contract:

Quote from: Razgovory on March 02, 2023, 06:20:07 PM
Quote from: Josquius on March 02, 2023, 03:27:00 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 28, 2023, 09:49:32 AMHopefully, the successor to Cities: Skylines.

One that let's you build a non car focussed city :w00t:
[youtusbyO0bd4c[/youtube]

Yeah, illustrates the problem really. The game is designed around cars with a pretty unrealistic way of handling them. Going non car focussed involves being really hacky.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

quite a bit of stuff that got presented.
The obligatory DLC
and a bunch of new games, including a new Cities Skylines, something The Sims(ish) and something that had Jagged Alliance vibes.
But that's just going by a very cursory look.

Valmy

All that sounds extremely boring.  :hmm:

But I guess it depends on what the specifics of the DLC are.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Sounds like I might get my wish.

Which really considering the same devs did the cities in motion games is well overdue
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

The battletech people's interwar adventure tactics game seems intriguing. Rest is extremely meh.

Grey Fox

Super Excited about Cities Skylines 2, obviously. I don't mind if it's still car centric. I like playing traffic management sim.

The Lamplighters League tactical games sounds fun and seems to build on the systems of their Prohibition era tactical game Empire of Sin with a more interesting premise.

Life by You, finally a competitor to the Sims.

I don't care about CK3 or EU4. Did not bother watching those parts.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

Also super-excited by Cities Skylines 2 :ph34r:

Somewhere between GF and Jos on traffic.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

so what is this Paradox Tectonic?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

chipwich

I shouldn't have hoped for a grand strategy game.

As for cites: skylines I won't buy it if it doesn't have a better economic layer and more clarity.

As for CK3 I'm glad they are making use of the 3d elements which are redundant in other games.

Josephus

Paradox is teasing something new.

Something unprecedented is on the horizon, something yet to unfold, something entirely new.

The dawn rises on the beginning of Human society...

Check out the next teaser tomorrow, starting with
@CrusaderKings
& join the countdown:

Something unprecedented is on the horizon, something yet to unfold, something entirely new.

The dawn rises on the beginning of Human society...

Check out the next teaser tomorrow, starting with
@CrusaderKings
& join the countdown:

https://youtu.be/bPy5nn7I8IA

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Jacob

"The dawn rises on the beginnings of human society..."

My guess is some sort of civilization scope game - start your civ and grow it through the ages.

Alternately, a dawn of civilization era Paradox standard Clausewitz engine game somewhere in the 3,000 BCE to 0 CE range.

Josquius

Surely they've been burned on that one with their two shots at Rome.
██████
██████
██████