News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

US shoots down fourth flying object

Started by Sheilbh, February 12, 2023, 05:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Aliens are real. Huh. Didn't think it would ever happen.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

In all seriousness, shouldn't we find out what they are before we shoot them down?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I'm sure there is someway to find out what they are.  I for one, would like to know what we are blowing up.  That doesn't seem like that big of an ask.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote(Reuters) - The U.S. military commander who safeguards U.S. airspace said on Sunday he could not determine how the latest three objects shot down over the past three days were staying aloft, adding he was not calling them balloons for a reason.

Seriously though, I don't think we'd be shooting down clearly extraterrestrial devices just because they might interfere with air travel, not to mention that if the aliens were using probes that could be taken down by a Sidewinder, there would probably be much more of them going about globally. My bet is on them not ruling the aliens crap out because they need to decide how to explain the fact that some Russian/Chinese stuff got into the middle of their country without them doing anything about it.

Maladict

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 12, 2023, 09:04:54 PMIt would be so cool if this was actual sentient life from somewhere else.

And we killed it?

HVC

Quote from: Maladict on February 13, 2023, 03:04:36 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 12, 2023, 09:04:54 PMIt would be so cool if this was actual sentient life from somewhere else.

And we killed it?

The earlier they learn we're not to be trusted the better for them.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Zoupa on February 12, 2023, 07:48:30 PMPicture taken this morning over Kelowna, British Columbia (ie right next to where I live)

Seems the Chinese/russkies/aliens are testing our response time.

Asteroid over the channel too. The invasion has started!
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Crazy_Ivan80

Not really, we wouldn't stand a chance

Tamas

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on February 13, 2023, 04:17:41 AM

Not really, we wouldn't stand a chance

If a Sidewinder can take them down I like our odds.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Brain

Will Smith is itching to slap someone again.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PRC

I had read that after the Chinese balloon incident NORAD turned up its radar sensitivity and so these new objects may have simply been amateur hour scientist projects caught by the increased capacity.  Sending garlic bread to space type of thing.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Zoupa on February 12, 2023, 07:48:30 PMPicture taken this morning over Kelowna, British Columbia (ie right next to where I live)

Seems the Chinese/russkies/aliens are testing our response time.

That's an awful lot of burning fuel for an object described as small.  The mystery deepens.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!