News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2022 Midterm Election MEGATHREAD

Started by Admiral Yi, November 05, 2022, 07:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

https://www.theonion.com/smiling-fetterman-asks-oz-if-he-d-mind-slowly-repeating-1849763117

QuoteSmiling Fetterman Asks Oz If He'd Mind Slowly Repeating Concession For 5th Time

PITTSBURGH–Speaking to the Republican candidate over the phone early Wednesday morning, a smiling John Fetterman reportedly asked Mehmet Oz if he would mind slowly repeating his concession for the fifth time. "I don't know if you knew this, but I've been experiencing some auditory processing difficulties–would you mind repeating yourself again?" said Fetterman, who settled into an armchair as the phone call with his defeated opponent passed the 45-minute mark. "I'm sorry, I didn't quite get that. A little slower please. You said something about losing? I just want to be absolutely certain I'm hearing this right." At press time, Fetterman suggested that perhaps he could accept the concession in person if he were ever in New Jersey.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2022, 02:01:16 PM
Quote from: celedhring on November 09, 2022, 01:50:18 PMTrump needs to workshop that DeSanctis nickname, "Desanctimonious" is far too laboured.

I like it.

You have to check out this ad he released, which literally says he was sent by God to be a "fighter" for the people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9oTBA-MvZk

You can tell though that Trump himself didn't come up with DeSanctimonius though.

Woa, woa. Are you claiming this is an actual DeSantis ad, and not a parody?

OMG and you guys thought Trump was bad, wait until this guy is your President.  :lol:

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on November 09, 2022, 03:00:52 PMWoa, woa. Are you claiming this is an actual DeSantis ad, and not a parody?

OMG and you guys thought Trump was bad, wait until this guy is your President.  :lol:

Actual ad. -_-

And while I get and appreciate the "Well at least he isn't Trump" sentiment, De Santis is the guy who flew migrants from Texas (not even his home state) and dropped them off at Martha's Vineyard by lying to them and not notifying anyone...

Maximus

DeSantis is the bigger threat; has been for several years. He's Trump, but more competent.

Barrister

Putin propogandist Vladimir Solovyov speculates that the withdrawl from Kherson was only announced today so as to avoid giving Biden and the Democrats any good news prior to the election.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-state-media-sent-reeling-over-us-midterm-election-results

OttoVonBismarck

The Russkies have a poor read on America if they think foreign policy moves our politics much, our people are almost criminally indifferent to it.

alfred russel

I kind of wonder if this isn't the end of Trump's dominance of the republican party. His candidates really sucked and probably kept republicans from a senate with a decent majority. Dr. Oz lost to a stroke victim having trouble speaking, Masters couldn't even get republican funding, people like Vance and Walker were well behind any other republicans in their states...

Republicans have tolerated stuff like 1/6 but making fun of DeSantis before an election and getting Dr. Oz into a general election may have crossed the line.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 09, 2022, 04:38:36 PMThe Russkies have a poor read on America if they think foreign policy moes our politics much, our people are almost criminally indifferent to it.

Biden's numbers went noticeably down during the disaster that was leaving Afghanistan.

A Russian withdrawal from Kherson last week, together with a triumphant Ukrainian seizure of the city, could give a small bump (and hurt those saying "no more aid to Ukraine").

Zoupa

Quote from: Tamas on November 09, 2022, 03:00:52 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2022, 02:01:16 PM
Quote from: celedhring on November 09, 2022, 01:50:18 PMTrump needs to workshop that DeSanctis nickname, "Desanctimonious" is far too laboured.

I like it.

You have to check out this ad he released, which literally says he was sent by God to be a "fighter" for the people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9oTBA-MvZk

You can tell though that Trump himself didn't come up with DeSanctimonius though.

Woa, woa. Are you claiming this is an actual DeSantis ad, and not a parody?

The US is not a serious country anymore. Half the population is uneducated retards.

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on November 09, 2022, 04:40:19 PMI kind of wonder if this isn't the end of Trump's dominance of the republican party. His candidates really sucked and probably kept republicans from a senate with a decent majority. Dr. Oz lost to a stroke victim having trouble speaking, Masters couldn't even get republican funding, people like Vance and Walker were well behind any other republicans in their states...

Republicans have tolerated stuff like 1/6 but making fun of DeSantis before an election and getting Dr. Oz into a general election may have crossed the line.

Trump owns the GOP for as long as the base adores him.

I mean it's long been obvious Trump was an electoral loser.  He lost the popular vote twice.  Under his watch they lost the House and the Senate.  Trump-endorsed candidates did noticeably worse when compared to more independent GOPers.

But his base still adores him.  A Trump endorsement is a huge deal in winning a nomination battle (though not overwhelmingly so).

If Trump wants to, he'll easily be the nominee in 2024 and lose for a third time.

PDH

Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2022, 04:43:33 PMThe US is not a serious country anymore. Half the population is uneducated retards.

Half?  We are improving!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2022, 04:44:09 PMIf Trump wants to, he'll easily be the nominee in 2024 and lose for a third time.

It is a long way off, but I don't think Trump would win against DeSantis. If they went toe to toe in the primary, my guess is that would be extremely divisive among republicans, but I think DeSantis would come out on top but possibly politically damaged with a lot of the republican base alienated.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on November 09, 2022, 04:43:33 PMThe US is not a serious country anymore. Half the population is uneducated retards.

Well we went from barbarism to decadence without the usual period of civilization in between.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on November 09, 2022, 03:00:52 PMWoa, woa. Are you claiming this is an actual DeSantis ad, and not a parody?

He is a big fan of Viktor Orban. So that's comforting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on November 09, 2022, 04:54:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2022, 04:44:09 PMIf Trump wants to, he'll easily be the nominee in 2024 and lose for a third time.

It is a long way off, but I don't think Trump would win against DeSantis. If they went toe to toe in the primary, my guess is that would be extremely divisive among republicans, but I think DeSantis would come out on top but possibly politically damaged with a lot of the republican base alienated.

No way.

DeSantis would get the same treatment as Rubio, Cruz and Jeb!.  Trump will denigrate and belittle DeSantis, while DeSantis would be too afraid to lay a hand on Trump because DeSantis needs his supporters.  Trump will walk through with enough votes and enthusiasm to win the nomination.

Unless Trump decides not to run.  I mean the man is 76 years old, will be 78 by election day 2024.