News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quo Vadis GOP?

Started by Syt, January 09, 2021, 07:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Religious nutjobs have been around for thousands of years.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on July 14, 2022, 09:01:26 AMReligious nutjobs have been around for thousands of years.

That is true. Sometimes they've caused real trouble.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on July 14, 2022, 09:01:26 AMReligious nutjobs have been around for thousands of years.

You make a good point - you need to go back thousands of years to find a Theocracy that is in any way comparable to the position the US has in the modern world.

Berkut

That doesn't make me feel any better.

Having a passing understanding of history, it actually scares the shit out of me.

Seriously, that is like responding to worries about COVID by noting that plagues are nothing new.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

They "stand against wokeness and the occult"  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Larch on July 14, 2022, 08:56:43 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 14, 2022, 08:45:01 AMIs this real or a parody?

https://twitter.com/nickknudsenus/status/1547259907275075584?s=12

Sounds very cultish. Who are those guys supposed to be?
The "Seven Mountains" refers to seven aspects of society.  It's Dominion theology: They are saying they want to control everything.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 14, 2022, 11:36:05 AMThey "stand against wokeness and the occult"  :lol:

I wish I was part of the occult :(

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

I guess if you're a woke and a member of the Hellfire Club you especially aren't wanted among Christian Fascist circles. :hmm:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

Well I do play D&D every week...

crazy canuck

Find the location of their next meeting, show up with your Players Manual, and tell them your pronouns - oh and wear body armour.

Jacob

So Trump is apparently saying he's already made the decision as to whether he's going to run in 2024.