News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Couldn't find an appropriate thread, so thought I'd start a new one. Besides we have Episode 9 coming soon.

So I get home after work.  Think I'll ask Tracy if we can subscribe to Disney+ - I find her already searching through it.

The boys and I always watch a cartoon as they get ready for bed.  So with Disney+, we watch the first episode of Star Wars Rebels.  Andrew was entranced.  I haven't watched this show before, thought it was pretty good.

Once the kids were in bed, I watched The Mandalorian.  It was very, very good.  I can see where their $100 million went towards.

[spoiler]So the big reveal at the end was that the Mandalorian's bounty was a baby of Yoda's species: albeit a 50 year old baby.  That's a pretty good hook.  Wonder where it goes from here.[/spoiler]

Loved the very obvious western vibes they're giving the show.

anyone else watching?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Did you ever watch the clone wars animated series?

Slow start, but it got really good. Showed the heroic fall of Anakin way better than the movies.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 13, 2019, 01:17:05 AM
Showed the heroic fall of Anakin way better than the movies.

Well there is a high bar :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 13, 2019, 01:17:05 AM
Did you ever watch the clone wars animated series?

Slow start, but it got really good. Showed the heroic fall of Anakin way better than the movies.

I did watch Clone Wars on Netflix.  Slow start, but did get good by the end.  Tried to get the boys to watch it, they weren't interested.  Though that was a couple years ago, they might have a different take on it now.

The Minsky Moment

Got Disney+ free with my Verizon sub
1st ep was OK.  Basically a Clint Eastwood/Leone Western rip-off with Star Wars type characters instead of overdubbed Italians pretending to be cowboys.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Grey Fox

SW Rebels is pretty awesome. My son & I watched the first 3 season together.

Can you do something for me BB? Check on Disney+ if the new stuff is available in French?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 13, 2019, 10:51:03 AM

Can you do something for me BB? Check on Disney+ if the new stuff is available in French?

I have the Disney+ app on my phone (side note: couldn't seem to find Disney+ on my older Apple TV, but was able to screen mirror Disney+ from my phone to the Apple TV), but I am failing to figure out how you select a different language.

Assuming I figure that out, what do you mean by "new stuff"?

The Larch

Just heard that there's a *new* edit of the "Han shot Greedo first" scene from A New Hope.  :wacko:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on November 13, 2019, 11:06:55 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 13, 2019, 10:51:03 AM

I have the Disney+ app on my phone (side note: couldn't seem to find Disney+ on my older Apple TV, but was able to screen mirror Disney+ from my phone to the Apple TV), but I am failing to figure out how you select a different language.

Assuming I figure that out, what do you mean by "new stuff"?

The new shows; Mandalorian, High School Musical; Forky Asks a Questions, etc.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

So I went to the dark side to watch Mandalorian  :ph34r:

Very entertaining. Then again "Star Wars as a Western" always works for me. Plus Herzog.

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on November 13, 2019, 12:19:37 PM
So I went to the dark side to watch Mandalorian  :ph34r:

Very entertaining. Then again "Star Wars as a Western" always works for me. Plus Herzog.

:pirate

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

celedhring

Zoupa

Barrister

Realized this show is only going to be 8 episodes long. :(

Valmy