News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off the Record / Re: Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-2...
Last post by crazy canuck - Today at 07:24:07 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 19, 2024, 10:05:00 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 19, 2024, 02:53:04 AMI see no evidence that reporters at the NYTimes don't understand what tactically significant results means.  His claim that there is a lack of knowledge is based, he says, on one conversation he says he had with one reporter.

Who is claiming that "reporters at the NYTimes don't understand what tactically significant results means."  Puck-Nielsen does not mention the NYT.   Is this another strawman?  Also, the demonstration of a particular case of lack of knowledge is sufficient to prove at least some level of a lack of knowledge. 

QuotePlease start reading newspapers with actual reporting standards and ethics.

Please start paying attention to knowledgeable commentators and SMEs instead of relying only on newspaper reports.

QuoteThis nonsense that actual news reporting and reporters are inaccurate or don't understand is a claim that requires more evidence than this.  But the fact that you and others so readily accept it as true shows how effective disinformation campaigns to discredit actual news sources has been.

No one is claiming that there are no reporters with knowledge and reports that are accurate.  Stop with the strawman arguments.  Contrarianism is not a good look.

If you listen to the Youtube video Jacob linked, it is the Youtuber who is making the claim.

It's ironic that you have accused me of making a strawman argument when you don't even bother listening to The link I am responding to.

You are doubling down on the ignorance that I am critical of.  You are defending a YouTube post that you didn't bother seeing without any knowledge of the content.  You are a perfect illustration of our no descent into complete and utter ignorance as society because no one actually reads or listens anymore.  It all social media pseudo news.

Off the Record / Re: TV/Movies Megathread
Last post by Josephus - Today at 06:24:06 AM
Rum and coke, also known as the Cuba Libre.
Off the Record / Re: Israel-Hamas War 2023
Last post by Tamas - Today at 05:31:45 AM
Anyways, I guess if the mountain won't come to Ebrahim, then Ebrahim must go to the mountain.
Off the Record / Re: Acts of Terrorism megathre...
Last post by Zanza - Today at 05:23:18 AM
Three Spanish tourists killed by terrorists. In Afghanistan.  :hmm:
Off the Record / Re: TV/Movies Megathread
Last post by Tamas - Today at 05:00:33 AM
Jack Daniels is great with coca-cola. Far better than it is neat.
Off the Record / Re: The Off Topic Topic
Last post by Tamas - Today at 04:59:25 AM
Quote from: Syt on Today at 03:55:41 AMBased on the experience of every parent I know you can look forward to all kinds of fun illnesses they bring home and share with the family. :)

Oh yes, actually I came down with something after visiting this nursery we have chosen, so it was a proper demo.  :D
Off the Record / Re: Football (Soccer) Thread
Last post by Sheilbh - Today at 04:03:09 AM
Todd Boehly: I have spent $1 billion signing pre-teens on twenty year contracts.
Last post by Syt - Today at 03:55:41 AM
Based on the experience of every parent I know you can look forward to all kinds of fun illnesses they bring home and share with the family. :)
Last post by Tamas - Today at 03:08:41 AM
We'll start nursery very end of August. I am: anxious.
Last post by Josquius - Today at 03:06:28 AM
Turned away at the nursery gates because there's a gas leak.
So this week is off to a good start