News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2023, 12:45:33 PMI never have any idea what they are talking about anymore.
Let's see. It goes something like,
"EVERYONEISAGAINSTUSWEARELONEVOICEINWILDERNESSCRYINGOUTAGAINSTTHESHEEP!!!"

And a very healthy dose of, "Everything bad in my life is someone else's fault!!!!!!"
PDH!

Josquius

Everyone is against us. We're the number one poor oppressed minority standing against the sheep.

Yet also.

Silent majority. Everyone agrees.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on November 22, 2023, 04:47:46 AMEveryone is against us. We're the number one poor oppressed minority standing against the sheep.

Yet also.

Silent majority. Everyone agrees.

Those poor downtrodden conservatives. 

Darth Wagtaros

PLus the biggest welfare states screaming about how they support 'the leftists' who never work.
PDH!

Syt

Just a quick check in with what my family is sharing online.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Prepping their followers for their own false flag whit stirring?
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on December 15, 2023, 01:43:39 PMJust a quick check in with what my family is sharing online.

Man. On down the racist rabbit hole.

Sort of weird to think of Cruz as a moderating force. Just a nice reminded it can always get worse. I was so happy the notoriously corrupt David Dewhurst had been beaten by this Cruz guy, it never occured to me Cruz would be far worse than Dewhurst and I guess something to keep in mind if Cruz ever goes down it will probably be somebody who sees the evil machinations of the black people behind everything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

Racism ended with slavery doncha know.  Most 'hate crimes' now are false flag operations.  No loyal Party member could do something wrong.
PDH!

crazy canuck

What is agitprop?

I looked it up in the Newspeak dictionary, but it was missing.

The Minsky Moment

Agitation propaganda.  The 1920s Russian equivalent to social media disinformation. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on December 15, 2023, 03:26:35 PM
Quote from: Syt on December 15, 2023, 01:43:39 PMJust a quick check in with what my family is sharing online.

Man. On down the racist rabbit hole.

Sort of weird to think of Cruz as a moderating force. Just a nice reminded it can always get worse. I was so happy the notoriously corrupt David Dewhurst had been beaten by this Cruz guy, it never occured to me Cruz would be far worse than Dewhurst and I guess something to keep in mind if Cruz ever goes down it will probably be somebody who sees the evil machinations of the black people behind everything.

Remember back in 2016 Cruz refused to endorse Trump and told the GOP convention (to loud boos) to "vote your conscience".

He's since went seriously downhill with Trump obsequiousness, but he does have a good side to him.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 18, 2023, 01:34:52 PMAgitation propaganda.  The 1920s Russian equivalent to social media disinformation. 

But I thought these folks liked Fox?

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on December 18, 2023, 01:40:46 PMRemember back in 2016 Cruz refused to endorse Trump and told the GOP convention (to loud boos) to "vote your conscience".

He's since went seriously downhill with Trump obsequiousness, but he does have a good side to him.

It was fun watching him squirm when asked about the Texas Supreme Court's ruling in the Kate Cox case*.  He kept telling reporters to ask his press office, and they kept telling him that his press office said it had no idea what his position was.  He ended up fleeing rather than trying to answer the question.

*For those of you who haven't followed the case, Kate Cox, a mother of two, discovered that he fetus had a fatal condition that, if the pregnancy was allowed to advance, risked her health and life as well.  She sought a court order to allow an exemption to Texas's ban on abortions, which the lower court granted (remembering, as we do, that the Texas law is to be enforced by private bounty hunters, not the state, so court protection would be needed to stave off the lynch mob that would otherwise form).  The Texas Supreme Court ruled that the lower court had no power to grant such protection, and voided the lower court's ruling.  Cox was forced to leave the state to get an abortion (which is also against the Texas law, and again enforced by bounty hunters).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

I'm peripherally aware of the case - did Cox have an abortion performed out of state?

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on December 18, 2023, 03:24:38 PMI'm peripherally aware of the case - did Cox have an abortion performed out of state?

Yes.  Her deteriorating health forced her to leave the state hours before the TSC even handed down its ruling.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!