News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NHL Hockey thread

Started by Barrister, March 07, 2011, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Mathew's hasn't done anything either. It seem like it's been a bunch of first time scorers
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Matthews is a 60 goals scorer, while Tavares destabilizes the Leafs salary cap scheme. You could 5 better bottom 6 forwards for the price of Tavares.

The stars are what we talk about but the bottom 6 forwards and 5-6 defenseman are what wins championships.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Connard Bedard goes to Chicago, 1st overall.

Habs will be selecting 5th overall.

Penguins are selecting 14th, nothing to really rejuvenate the team.

Valmy will be please that the Capitals are drafting on the 8th position.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Caliss. That's just not fair from the Hockey Gods. Going directly from the Toews/Kane era to the Bedard one.

JFC.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on May 08, 2023, 07:30:48 PMConnard Bedard goes to Chicago, 1st overall.

Habs will be selecting 5th overall.

Penguins are selecting 14th, nothing to really rejuvenate the team.

Valmy will be please that the Capitals are drafting on the 8th position.

Lots of rebuilding to do. Absolutely ridiculous the Blackhawks won the #1 pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzlUyDIC-2A
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

I don't like parades anyway.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 08, 2023, 07:42:59 PMCaliss. That's just not fair from the Hockey Gods. Going directly from the Toews/Kane era to the Bedard one.

JFC.
That gives you more chances when you don't trade away all your #1 picks, I guess.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Leafs survive. Still only 2 goals tho, 7 games in a row. Really have to start scoring more 3 or more in a game guys.

HVC

Getting knocked out at home after offering feint hope is more in keeping with leafs tradition :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

HVC

Quote from: HVC on May 11, 2023, 05:44:30 AMGetting knocked out at home after offering feint hope is more in keeping with leafs tradition :P

:contract: :weep:

Grey Fox

I am not sorry.

Gotta score more than 2 goals to win hockey games.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 12, 2023, 09:43:44 PMI am not sorry.

:D fair enough. Bobrovsky was very good, but I want Tkachuk to get hit by a truck. Both because it rhymes and because he deserves it.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 12, 2023, 09:43:44 PMGotta score more than 2 goals to win hockey games.

They technically had three if you include disallowed goals :P

Valmy

Carolina vs Florida  :boring:

How lame. I cannot even hate watch it since they both can't lose.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."