News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on April 06, 2024, 01:10:19 PMOne of the differences between the Ukraine war and the Gaza war is that civilians are directly targeted in the Ukraine war.  It seems to be a Russian strategy to force Ukraine to defend all its assets, not just its military assets, from bombardment.  Israel is not doing that, because for one their enemy is not exactly the kind to compromise their military assets to protect their civilians.  They're actually fond of doing the reverse.

Hamas will bravely fight to the last Palestinian child from Qatar.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

So, they're chopping off limbs now. And not the side you'd expect.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/06/middleeast/doctor-israel-hospital-conditions-intl/index.html
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

OttoVonBismarck

I mean would you rather they let them become gangrenous and kill them?

Tamas

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 06, 2024, 03:35:11 PMI mean would you rather they let them become gangrenous and kill them?

I believe the concerning part is prisoners kept under such vile conditions that their restraints rot away their limbs.

OttoVonBismarck

I assume they are being held in conditions no worse than the Israeli hostages being held by Hamas.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on April 06, 2024, 10:25:08 AMWell we didn't let Axis soldiers off the hook (with exceptions), maybe legally but not morally; but we did let Allied forces off the hook be it Western terror bombing or to a lesser extent the Soviet rape-rampage through Germany and Hungary.

How many Germans did the the US, UK and France were forcibly displaced to Canada so they could colonize Germany with their own citizens?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: viper37 on April 06, 2024, 05:12:34 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 06, 2024, 10:25:08 AMWell we didn't let Axis soldiers off the hook (with exceptions), maybe legally but not morally; but we did let Allied forces off the hook be it Western terror bombing or to a lesser extent the Soviet rape-rampage through Germany and Hungary.

How many Germans did the the US, UK and France were forcibly displaced to Canada so they could colonize Germany with their own citizens?

There are no colonists in Israel.

viper37

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 06, 2024, 04:56:13 PMI assume they are being held in conditions no worse than the Israeli hostages being held by Hamas.
What you are saying is that Israelis are no better than Palestinians as a society, or that the IDF in itself is no better than Hamas in its treatment of POWs?

Is that your informed opinion as an expert or a statement of fact?

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 06, 2024, 05:23:10 PM
Quote from: viper37 on April 06, 2024, 05:12:34 PM

There are no colonists in Israel.

Of course there aren't.  They conquer a territory, they displace the people, they annex the territory to make it part of Israel.  No more colonists.

OttoVonBismarck

They didn't conquer territory, they were assigned territory by the UN and an Arab coalition tried to take it.

viper37

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 06, 2024, 06:33:49 PMThey didn't conquer territory, they were assigned territory by the UN and an Arab coalition tried to take it.
They did conquer territory.  They were unsatisfied with what the UN was giving them, they waited for the Arab coalition to DOW them, they got help from Uncle Stalin, attacked the coalition, massacred some of the civilians, occupied their territory and refused to allow those who fled the massacres back in the territory.

And we've been over that before, but you insist with your alternative facts about the Arab League telling Palestinians to leave, which has been demonstrated to be false.

OttoVonBismarck

Ah yes, that genius plan of "get invaded day 1 of your existence." Man, you just really can't see past the "evil Jews rule the world" shit you were steeped in can you?

viper37

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 06, 2024, 07:03:15 PMAh yes, that genius plan of "get invaded day 1 of your existence." Man, you just really can't see past the "evil Jews rule the world" shit you were steeped in can you?
Now, you see antisemites everywhere.  I'd question my own attitudes toward life if I were you.  It's hiding something.  Kinda like the Republicans who are so fervently against homosexuality and keep getting caught in airport bathrooms with other guys.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on April 06, 2024, 07:00:34 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 06, 2024, 06:33:49 PMThey didn't conquer territory, they were assigned territory by the UN and an Arab coalition tried to take it.
They did conquer territory.  They were unsatisfied with what the UN was giving them, they waited for the Arab coalition to DOW them, they got help from Uncle Stalin, attacked the coalition, massacred some of the civilians, occupied their territory and refused to allow those who fled the massacres back in the territory.

And we've been over that before, but you insist with your alternative facts about the Arab League telling Palestinians to leave, which has been demonstrated to be false.
viper, this is stupid.  Even for you.  They were unsatisfied with the UN agreement so they waited for the Arabs to declare war?  What kind of stupid plan is that?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017