News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Josquius on November 28, 2023, 04:16:07 AM:lmfao:

Laugh on--like the UK isn't riddled with unprecedented antisemitic incidents as we speak, or like you don't have pro-genocide protests going on regularly there now.

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on November 27, 2023, 09:10:39 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2023, 05:00:44 PMI posted a survey.  It also gave Hamas support at about 75% in Palestine.

About the same level as on TikTok.  :rolleyes:
:yeahright:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 28, 2023, 09:44:22 AM
Quote from: Josquius on November 28, 2023, 04:16:07 AM:lmfao:

Laugh on--like the UK isn't riddled with unprecedented antisemitic incidents as we speak, or like you don't have pro-genocide protests going on regularly there now.
Oh you're totally right. Can't move for all the anti-Semitic incidents and pro genocide protests breaking out all over the place. These days they're just as much a fundamental part of life as football or roast beef or beloved children's entertainers of the past being convicted of sexual offenses.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

You were arguing against Anti-Semitism in the Labor party and saying it was much worse in the Tories and we know how bad it was in labor...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on November 28, 2023, 01:02:14 PMYou were arguing against Anti-Semitism in the Labor party and saying it was much worse in the Tories and we know how bad it was in labor...

I don't recall ever saying that. Perhaps more that so much was being made of the anti semitism issues in labour with zero mention of the much worse racism of the tories?

From what I gather of the image presented abroad and that you're saying this in response to a claim anti semitic crime is rampant and there are massed protests for genocide.... I don't think you do know that no
██████
██████
██████

OttoVonBismarck

British officials are the ones who have said there have been a "record number" of antisemitic incidents, that isn't something we just made up.

Jacob

OvB I just want to go on the record here as saying that I often find your sober analysis fairly compelling, but that your racist trolling is pretty tedious.

Josquius

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 28, 2023, 03:24:10 PMBritish officials are the ones who have said there have been a "record number" of antisemitic incidents, that isn't something we just made up.

Yes. Anti-Semitic crime is up 1350% in London.
This meaning 218 vs 15.
Percentages are popular with those looking to mislead. Record numbers of a uncommon crime don't mean its suddenly rampant.
And pro genocide marches just didn't happen at all.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Josquius on November 28, 2023, 04:14:34 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 28, 2023, 03:24:10 PMBritish officials are the ones who have said there have been a "record number" of antisemitic incidents, that isn't something we just made up.

This meaning 218 vs 15.
Percentages are popular with those looking to mislead. Record numbers of a uncommon crime don't mean its suddenly rampant.

What number of hate crimes means it is a problem? Jews are what? 1.5% of London?

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2023, 10:43:17 PM
Quote from: Josquius on November 28, 2023, 04:14:34 PM

This meaning 218 vs 15.

What number of hate crimes means it is a problem? Jews are what? 1.5% of London?

However something being a problem (in London) isn't the same as Europe being dominated by that problem.
██████
██████
██████

Gups

Quote from: Jacob on November 28, 2023, 03:38:31 PMOvB I just want to go on the record here as saying that I often find your sober analysis fairly compelling, but that your racist trolling is pretty tedious.

Agreed. It's a real shame.

Tamas

Quote from: Gups on November 29, 2023, 05:16:26 AM
Quote from: Jacob on November 28, 2023, 03:38:31 PMOvB I just want to go on the record here as saying that I often find your sober analysis fairly compelling, but that your racist trolling is pretty tedious.

Agreed. It's a real shame.

Thirded.

Tamas

I understand it's an opinion piece but why is it ok to throw around accusation of genocide nilly-willy in a major newspaper, and to a lesser extent calling it war "on" Gaza?
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/29/war-gaza-egyptians-palestine-israel-hamas-protest-marches

Gups

Is this Owen Jones again? Refuse the click or give him any attention.

Tamas

Quote from: Gups on November 29, 2023, 08:59:22 AMIs this Owen Jones again? Refuse the click or give him any attention.

No it's some Egyptian fellow. Owen Jones had a different Israel-bashing article earlier this morning. Speaking of which, I find it revealing of the sectarian aspects that apart from Owen Jones, pretty much all "pro-Palestinian" articles (of which there's been many, many, many) have been from Muslim authors (as far as my name-reading can tell).