And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on November 22, 2023, 01:31:50 PM
Quote from: Josquius on November 22, 2023, 01:28:15 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2023, 11:55:31 AMThe Israel lobby. :rolleyes:

75% of Palestinians want Israel gone.  This isn't some fringe belief.

:lol:
Typical of someone who has fully swallowed that stuff to pick up solely on that bit.
And no. 75% of Palestinians have said nothing of the sort. Plus we aren't talking about Palestinians here.

You're right - it was only 74.7% of Palestinians.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/new-poll-shows-palestinians-are-the-impediment-to-peace-not-israels-war

Now that's what I call a biased article.

Supporting a one state solution isn't the same thing as the implied genocide of Israelis.

Even if we assume they all mean it that way... Do you not think current events might somewhat sway views?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on November 22, 2023, 02:11:48 PMNow that's what I call a biased article.

Supporting a one state solution isn't the same thing as the implied genocide of Israelis.

It gets a lot closer to genocide when you factor in Raz's survey about attitudes towards Hamas.  And Hamas' charter.

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 22, 2023, 02:39:16 PM
Quote from: Josquius on November 22, 2023, 02:11:48 PMNow that's what I call a biased article.

It gets a lot closer to genocide when you factor in Raz's survey about attitudes towards Hamas.  And Hamas' charter.

The 10% who want a Hamas government?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on November 22, 2023, 02:52:37 PMThe 10% who want a Hamas government?

I don't understand the question.

Barrister

Quote from: Josquius on November 22, 2023, 02:11:48 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 22, 2023, 01:31:50 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2023, 11:55:31 AMThe Israel lobby. :rolleyes:

Typical of someone who has fully swallowed that stuff to pick up solely on that bit.
And no. 75% of Palestinians have said nothing of the sort. Plus we aren't talking about Palestinians here.

You're right - it was only 74.7% of Palestinians.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/new-poll-shows-palestinians-are-the-impediment-to-peace-not-israels-war

Now that's what I call a biased article.

Even if we assume they all mean it that way... Do you not think current events might somewhat sway views?

If you don't like the article there's an embedded link to the survey itself.  That being said I don't see it as biased - it's just reporting the results of the survey.  It is however listed as an opinion piece, so it's allowed to have some bias.

The survey itself never asks "do you think the Jews should all be killed" so I'm not implying anything about Palestinian attitudes towards genocide.  I think  it worth noting however that 59.3% of Palestinians surveyed strongly supported the October 7 attacks, with another 15.7% somewhat supporting the attacks.  When 75% of Palestinians want all of "between the river and the sea" to be a Palestinian state, and 75% of Palestinians support the October 7 terrorist attacks, it makes me a lot less hopeful for peace.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

I posted a survey.  It also gave Hamas support at about 75% in Palestine.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2023, 05:00:44 PM

Your source is entirely inconsistent with all of the other data.

HVC

You guys catch stuart seldowitz racist rant at a halal food truck guy? Former deputy director of the United States Department of State's Office of Israel and Palestinian Affairs to put it in perspective.

A choice quote being " If we killed 4,000 Palestinian kids, you know what? It wasn't enough. It wasn't enough."
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 22, 2023, 02:39:16 PM

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/israeli-polls-regarding-peace-with-the-palestinians]Israeli attitude toward peace

Palestinian attitude toward peace

There has been a marked decline of Palestinians convictions that peace with Israel is achievable.  I do wonder why.  Could it be that they see the settlement and the attitude of Israel toward them as a problem?

I think asking the question is answering it.

The pro-Israel side is talking like it's been a status quo since 2000 and there was a functioning Palestinian state left alone peacefully in its corner that only maliciously attacked poor Israel forced to defend itself.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 22, 2023, 05:38:45 PMYour source is entirely inconsistent with all of the other data.

The wishcasting that either of these groups can be trusted is depressing.

In any case even if 10% support Hamas and 90% support somebody else I don't see much evidence those 90% like something I am going to be excited about.

When I hold Israelis responsible for the people they support suddenly that is ok. But if I dare point out the actions the Palestinians take suddenly the "data" says something else. Not data that has ever had any actual impact anywhere but I guess it is exists. Magic copium data. The actual data of decades of history says something quite different.

Eventually the Palestinians will get another chance to show they are in favor of peace and justice and, like the other dozens of opportunities they have had, they will show otherwise. I will be delighted to be wrong but don't try to piss on me and tell me it is raining. A large enough number of Palestinians want victory over Israel and will lie and say whatever they can to bring that about. A large enough number to poison any and everything. Thinking anything else is wishful thinking IMO.

And I am not saying the Israelis are much better, especially not the gang of assholes currently in power.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 22, 2023, 05:38:45 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2023, 05:00:44 PM

Your source is entirely inconsistent with all of the other data.
All other data = your personal opinon.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HVC

He came back over a 2 week period to rehash. He'd fit right in here :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Jacob

Saying "KIlling 4,000 children is not enough" is fucked in the head and evil.

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on November 22, 2023, 09:12:01 PMSaying "KIlling 4,000 children is not enough" is fucked in the head and evil.

Also threatened to have Egyptian secret service abduct and torture his dad. Insinuated the guy rapes his own daughter. Class act all around. And again worked for the United States Department of State's Office of Israel and Palestinian Affairs