News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Saw the logo for next year's Euro 2024 for the first time today. I thought at first it was a spoof logo, because at first glance it looked like a toilet seat from above. :lol:  :blush:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

My first thought was some sort of Egyptian pharaoh head.

Not a fan of them including a Russian flag, nor of the exclusion of countries that don't have bar flags.

Zoupa

That's not russia. It's either NL or FR. Pretty sure they wouldn't include Mordor since they've banned them from everything.

HVC

Yeah I see Poland followd by france

*edit* actually Italy then france.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on December 23, 2023, 05:05:41 PMYeah I see Poland followd by france

*edit* actually Italy then france.
Interesting - on left from bottom I see Germany, Hungry, Russia, Netherlands/France, Poland, Belgium, Romania, Estonia, Bulgaria, Ukraine and green :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Hungary would be green white red, wouldn't it? What orientation do flags rotate, clockwise or counter? :hmm:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

And Russia is white blue red, right? That pattern doesn't appear on the toilet seat clockwise. Reading the colours counter clockwise seems counterintuitive, unless I guess you're Arabic or Hebrew

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 23, 2023, 05:10:03 PMUkraine and green :lol:

Ivory cost? Colours not being true confuses it. Especially the greens and yellow/orange.

Jacob

You're assuming that any colour can only be used once and therefore unseeing the Russian flag.

At least there is no accidental swastika.

Tamas

Quote from: HVC on December 23, 2023, 05:13:28 PMHungary would be green white red, wouldn't it? What orientation do flags rotate, clockwise or counter? :hmm:

:ultra: its red white green wtf

HVC

Quote from: Tamas on December 23, 2023, 08:08:45 PM
Quote from: HVC on December 23, 2023, 05:13:28 PMHungary would be green white red, wouldn't it? What orientation do flags rotate, clockwise or counter? :hmm:

:ultra: its red white green wtf
:D

top to bottom yes, but once flipped what's the right sequence. I assume clockwise so green becomes first.

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on December 23, 2023, 07:20:37 PMYou're assuming that any colour can only be used once and therefore unseeing the Russian flag.

At least there is no accidental swastika.

Fair point.

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on December 23, 2023, 05:17:14 PMAnd Russia is white blue red, right? That pattern doesn't appear on the toilet seat clockwise. Reading the colours counter clockwise seems counterintuitive, unless I guess you're Arabic or Hebrew

I'm not reading clockwise or counter clockwise. I'm reading up is up and down is down.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on December 23, 2023, 08:47:58 PMI'm not reading clockwise or counter clockwise. I'm reading up is up and down is down.
Same. Otherwise even the German flag isn't there.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on December 23, 2023, 11:45:46 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 23, 2023, 02:58:59 AMAnd the antis are to dismiss their attempt at positioning.  Issue adjudicated.

I'm afraid I don't follow.

s/b The antis are free to dismiss their attempts at positioning.

I.e. they're free to think of the existing Champions league as the real Champions league.