News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogh

Quote from: Jacob on November 29, 2023, 03:46:03 PMFC Copenhagen are so far tied 0-0 against Bayern Munich in Munich, but there's still a half to go  :ph34r:

We did it - 0-0 against Munich is a massive result. What a final it'll be against Gala in two weeks time. It'll be hard to top the ManU game, but this could be even wilder.

Sheilbh

Watched Real - Napoli which was very fun.

Jude Bellingham's start at Madrid is unbelievable for a 20 year old.
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Quote from: bogh on November 29, 2023, 05:27:26 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 29, 2023, 03:46:03 PMFC Copenhagen are so far tied 0-0 against Bayern Munich in Munich, but there's still a half to go  :ph34r:

We did it - 0-0 against Munich is a massive result. What a final it'll be against Gala in two weeks time. It'll be hard to top the ManU game, but this could be even wilder.

:cheers:

Good to see you :)

Did you watch the game at Parken?

Jacob

I know for most people a 0-0 is not something to celebrate, but for context - in the last 29 home games in the Champion League group stage (covering a span of ten years), Bayern Munich have tied once (against Ajax Amsterdam in 2018) and won the rest. Now, in the last 30 home games, they've tied twice and won the rest.

That's pretty decent for a team that most people don't rate in a Champions League context.

bogh

Quote from: Jacob on November 29, 2023, 05:44:20 PM:cheers:

Good to see you :)

Did you watch the game at Parken?

Yeah, I did. I've been a season ticket holder for a gazillion years, but these days I actually work at the club, so it's business and pleasure rolled into one.

Jacob

Quote from: bogh on November 30, 2023, 03:41:51 AMYeah, I did. I've been a season ticket holder for a gazillion years, but these days I actually work at the club, so it's business and pleasure rolled into one.

!!!!

You work there? In what capacity?

I'm going to be in Denmark this summer and was considering bringing the family by for a game to expose them to a bit of culture. Might not, as my girl may be too young to enjoy it and we're actually mainly in Jutland for a wedding... but if I can swing it....

bogh

Quote from: Jacob on November 30, 2023, 01:10:48 PM!!!!

You work there? In what capacity?

I'm going to be in Denmark this summer and was considering bringing the family by for a game to expose them to a bit of culture. Might not, as my girl may be too young to enjoy it and we're actually mainly in Jutland for a wedding... but if I can swing it....

I run the IT & Digital team (covering both Parken as a venue, the football team and everything in between). When are you here? The league goes on a summer break from late May to late June, where we'll have concerts instead.

FunkMonk

Big Ange has done the business against City which leaves Arsenal IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT at the top of the league.

Thanks mate  :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

I love how Spurs don't compromise how they play no matter the consequences. It's a little bit dumb and not realistic sometimes, but as Gary Neville said today when it was 3-3 "Spurs are daft enough to go and win it".

Love it. Dare to do.  :showoff:

Jacob

Zoupa

Where does your support for Spurs originate Jake?

Josquius

Sunderland drew Newcastle Utd in the cup :mellow:

Right when our form is shit and theirs good too...

The only hope is we manage to kick some of their players out of the rest of the season. We aren't going to win the cup afterall.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josquius on December 03, 2023, 07:56:32 PMSunderland drew Newcastle Utd in the cup :mellow:

Right when our form is shit and theirs good too...

The only hope is we manage to kick some of their players out of the rest of the season. We aren't going to win the cup afterall.

Please do. I hate Eddie Howe's smug face  :yucky:

FunkMonk

Saw a stat today that said Saka now has scored more league goals for Arsenal than Fabregas ever did. Wow. That kid is incredible.

Jacob

Quote from: Zoupa on December 03, 2023, 07:47:35 PMWhere does your support for Spurs originate Jake?

It was the team I picked in the English league back in the 80s when highlights from English First Division football was regularly shown on Danish TV and most of us picked  a team to support. I think it was mostly on the strength of Ricardo Villa.

That said, I while my support is longstanding I won't claim to be hard core.