News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Sperm booster is definitely a new one for me :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Wtf spurs.

Quote from: Syt on April 23, 2023, 04:00:32 AMI know that Austrian clubs tend to have more sponsors on their kits than others, but I think TSV Hartberg might take the cake. :lol: :bleeding:

[img]

Looks more like a pro cyclist shirt.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josquius on April 23, 2023, 08:44:20 AMWtf spurs.

Quote from: Syt on April 23, 2023, 04:00:32 AMI know that Austrian clubs tend to have more sponsors on their kits than others, but I think TSV Hartberg might take the cake. :lol: :bleeding:

[img]

Looks more like a pro cyclist shirt.

For once, my thoughts exactly.  :)

Old enough to remember when Barça had no main shirt sponsor.  :P

celedhring

This is the first time I watch a Spurs game this season. I'm not disappointed.

FunkMonk

Quote from: celedhring on April 23, 2023, 09:29:06 AMThis is the first time I watch a Spurs game this season. I'm not disappointed.

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Tough times ahead for Spurs. No manager or director of football, no vision from ownership beyond selling space at Tottenham Stadium for concerts and NFL games, no CL football next season (quite possibly for quite a while), and Kane, their only consistently good player, is very likely to leave in the summer.  :hmm:

Zoupa

Quote from: celedhring on April 23, 2023, 09:29:06 AMThis is the first time I watch a Spurs game this season. I'm not disappointed.

:shutup:

I fear Conte was right... There's no heart in these guys. I think it's time to let Kane go. Next season will be terrible too, but give the spot to Richarlison, go get a couple of guys with fire in their belly and see where it goes.

It's weird to see how once Betancur got injured, the season went off the rails.

Syt

I assume Tottenham can't turn it around by bringing Klinsmann back?

(Or Holsten brewery as a sponsor?)

:P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

I would like it noted for the record that Ryan Reynolds is Canadian in case things go to shit at Wrexham.  :D

Sheilbh

Hadn't really occurred to me that you could fire a caretaker manager :huh:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/apr/24/tottenham-cristian-stellini-sacking-newcastle

I always assumed they were just one of the coaches stepping in/helping you out.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 24, 2023, 11:47:13 AMHadn't really occurred to me that you could fire a caretaker manager :huh:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/apr/24/tottenham-cristian-stellini-sacking-newcastle

Jesus Christ what is happening at Tottenham

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 24, 2023, 11:47:13 AMHadn't really occurred to me that you could fire a caretaker manager :huh:

Aren't caretaker managers usually assistant managers etc. who were already at the club? In that case they would have a contract like everyone else, I'd assume, and could be dismissed if you really don't get on with them? :unsure:

Of course the bigger question would be if they didn't like his performance, why not find a manager sooner? Or entrust him in the first place?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on April 24, 2023, 12:33:51 PMAren't caretaker managers usually assistant managers etc. who were already at the club? In that case they would have a contract like everyone else, I'd assume, and could be dismissed if you really don't get on with them? :unsure:
Yeah - but that's what I mean though. Even if it goes badly after some coach steps up to be a caretaker, I feel like they normally just go back to being a coach and getting a "we thank for managing at a difficult time". I don't think I'd ever heard of one getting fired before :blink: :lol:

That just seems very, very harsh.

Although looking at it Stellini has been part of Conte's coaching staff at every team since 2011 so it's very weird he didn't go with him because I feel like that's the norm.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Yeah, it's pretty standard even for the same guy to go through several spells as caretaker between full time managers whilst most of the time they're a regular coach or youth team manager or some such.
It's only if they try stepping up to full time and fail that going back to being a coach is no longer an option.
██████
██████
██████