News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Man City's Mendy cleared of 6 of his rape charges and 1 of sexual assault. He still has two further rape charges pending in a different trial.

Tamas

I am so bloody furious Chelsea fired Tuchel. I really liked the guy. I hope whichever of the players sabotaged his reign are now happy being run into the ground by a Championship level coach.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 13, 2023, 08:12:57 AMCare to swap? :ph34r:

:lol:

No thanks. Although we might still battle it out for relegation, at this rate.

celedhring

Hey, anybody wants to take Xavi off our hands?

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on January 13, 2023, 09:42:32 AMHey, anybody wants to take Xavi off our hands?

Already tired of him?  :lol:

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on January 13, 2023, 11:34:19 AM
Quote from: celedhring on January 13, 2023, 09:42:32 AMHey, anybody wants to take Xavi off our hands?

Already tired of him?  :lol:

I've seen enough.

But yeah, the chances of us stumbling upon a better manager are pretty slim.

FunkMonk

Turns out Mikel Arteta was the best of the bunch of young managers. 
:nelson:

It will feel really bad when Todd Boehly throws money at him to manage Chelsea in the summer.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Super Mik Arteta's tricky reds have conquered Tottenham, doing the double on them this season. Now Arsenal are 8 points clear of City at the top. Home to United next.

Personally, I still don't think they'll win the title, so I'm just enjoying the ride while the riding is good.
:bowler:

Josquius

Fulhams penalty yesterday was bizzare, never seen the like. So unlucky.
██████
██████
██████

Gups

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 15, 2023, 09:08:49 PMSuper Mik Arteta's tricky reds have conquered Tottenham, doing the double on them this season. Now Arsenal are 8 points clear of City at the top. Home to United next.

Personally, I still don't think they'll win the title, so I'm just enjoying the ride while the riding is good.

I think Arsenal look great and I see no signs of them fading. Man City look really out of sorts at present, particularly defensively.

Josephus

Quote from: Gups on January 16, 2023, 03:24:25 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on January 15, 2023, 09:08:49 PMSuper Mik Arteta's tricky reds have conquered Tottenham, doing the double on them this season. Now Arsenal are 8 points clear of City at the top. Home to United next.

I think Arsenal look great and I see no signs of them fading. Man City look really out of sorts at present, particularly defensively.

I think Man C. are focussed on Champions League now. I think they'll win that.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Gups on January 16, 2023, 03:24:25 AM

I do think Arsenal are the best team in England right now but the bench is so thin it could be their undoing.

As a post-invincible Arsenal fan I'm used to disappointment so I am expecting another big injury crisis and falling away in the spring. BUT I admit I did fall asleep last night dreaming of the day we win the league in May.

Tears in my eyes  :cry:  :cry:  :lol:

Syt

From Reddit. A 1980s Sears catalog with NASL replica jerseys.  :cool:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

New England tea men? Those guys sound tough :D

Guess this was a time before all the teams wanted to sound European?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.