News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Maladict on December 18, 2022, 12:56:40 PMSuck it, Ronaldo

Ronaldo in tears right now, genuinely he must feel like the world is crashing down on him
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Gups

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 18, 2022, 01:08:39 PM
Quote from: Maladict on December 18, 2022, 12:56:40 PMSuck it, Ronaldo

Ronaldo in tears right now, genuinely he must feel like the world is crashing down on him

So sad

Josquius

A good match.

A question comes to mind though. The Argentine keeper was being an unsporting cunt during pens and got a yellow card.
What would happen if a keeper gets sent off here?

Also

1: Wtf was with messis penalty.
2: wow. That Arab guy behind macron looked bored.
██████
██████
██████

Zoupa

I'm not sure why you guys are saying it was the best final. France played like shit the whole game. Croatia Morocco was a better game.

It would have been a real shame if France won after playing worse than England, worse than Morocco and way worse than Argentina.

HVC

Just gotta ignore the first 85 minutes :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Maladict

Quote from: Zoupa on December 18, 2022, 01:49:16 PMI'm not sure why you guys are saying it was the best final. France played like shit the whole game. Croatia Morocco was a better game.

It would have been a real shame if France won after playing worse than England, worse than Morocco and way worse than Argentina.

Finals are usually quite boring. This one definitely was not.

Gups

France Italy was better but this was a good final.

celedhring

Quote from: Maladict on December 18, 2022, 02:26:54 PM
Quote from: Zoupa on December 18, 2022, 01:49:16 PMI'm not sure why you guys are saying it was the best final. France played like shit the whole game. Croatia Morocco was a better game.

Finals are usually quite boring. This one definitely was not.

Yeah, as far as finals are concerned, this was way above average.

Chuffed for Leo, pity that he finally got his WC when he's no longer with us.

Admiral Yi

Chuffed?  First time hearing that.

That Mbappe goal was pretty.

Shootouts are always pretty anticlimactic for me.  Sort of like deciding who won based on a coin toss.

Josquius

Also an open question. Those awards at the end (lol at Mbappe. Hard to have sympathy after his comments)...what if the eg golden boot winner wasn't in the final?

First half sure. Second half however France were back at their best.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on December 18, 2022, 02:01:50 PMJust gotta ignore the first 85 80 minutes :D

Fixed! Stop exaggerating, Mbappé scored on the 80th.  :contract:  :P

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2022, 03:07:58 PMShootouts are always pretty anticlimactic for me.  Sort of like deciding who won based on a coin toss.

The coin toss used to exist; I'd rather have the penalty shootout.

celedhring

Quote from: Josquius on December 18, 2022, 03:11:38 PMAlso an open question. Those awards at the end (lol at Mbappe. Hard to have sympathy after his comments)...what if the eg golden boot winner wasn't in the final?

It's happened pretty often, there's just no ceremony in that case. Harry Kane was already back in England when he won it in 2018, for example.

FunkMonk

Well, that was a world cup. It was a game of football.

The legend Andres Cantor with the final call:
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1604569640092413952?t=i9UAqgpnLeis_Y8DrwCp3w&s=19

:cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

I think this speaks a bit to how I feel about it. France was not as good as they were in 2018, I didn't think they would be back in the final. They hadn't played well in the run up to the World Cup. But for whatever reason they were able to turn it on when they needed to and found ways to win. The goal of this game is not to look the prettiest but to score more goals than your opponent after all.

France played as well as they could and went farther than I thought they would. And if they are going to lose I vastly prefer it to be an American team and not Italy or some shit.

Hopefully they come over here and win it in 2026.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."