News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

I've always said, only Europeans worse then the Serbs are the Croats:P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

The Larch

Well, that's an uphill battle for Croatia now.

Gups

Quote from: HVC on December 13, 2022, 02:07:52 PMI've always said, only Europeans worse then the Serbs are the Croats:P

Hungary?

HVC

Quote from: Gups on December 13, 2022, 02:48:30 PM
Quote from: HVC on December 13, 2022, 02:07:52 PMI've always said, only Europeans worse then the Serbs are the Croats:P

Hungary?

I'd consider Greece before Hungary, but I have met many Hungarians :P

Gups

FunkMonk

Good Lord Messi is looking 10 years younger. That was sensational.

If he lifts the trophy on Sunday then the debate is truly over. Ronaldo in tears right now.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

Very well earned spot in the final for Argentina. And for once it was not just Messi doing everything.

Duque de Bragança

Croatia put up quite a challenge in the first 30 minutes, but the two quick goals from mistakes killed them.

Josquius

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 13, 2022, 03:36:13 PMGood Lord Messi is looking 10 years younger. That was sensational.

If he lifts the trophy on Sunday then the debate is truly over. Ronaldo in tears right now.
I was thinking about this too. It would put a positive spin on an Argentina win
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Messi finally winning the WC would be a very nice thing to happen, indeed. Sadly for me it'd mean that Lionel Scaloni would be forever be remembered as a WC winning coach, and I don't know if my conscience would allow it (he used to play for our arch-rivals).

Josephus

I'll cheer on Argentina v. France, but Morocco v. Argentina
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Quote from: Josquius on December 13, 2022, 04:40:08 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on December 13, 2022, 03:36:13 PMGood Lord Messi is looking 10 years younger. That was sensational.

I was thinking about this too. It would put a positive spin on an Argentina win

Yes, very good point.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on December 13, 2022, 04:40:08 PMI was thinking about this too. It would put a positive spin on an Argentina win
Yes. Also non-European countries haven't won in ages.

Although I, like a traitor, just quite like Argentina anyway :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 13, 2022, 06:07:48 PMYes. Also non-European countries haven't won in ages.

Had to check this, it's been 20 years since the last one, Brazil, in the Japan-S. Korea WC.

Brazil still had the Triple R back then, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and Ronaldo.  :ph34r: