News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threviel

Perhaps the English don't know their new one yet?

Duque de Bragança

HVC

So many brits. Surprised they didn't combust form the sun already.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Gups

Quote from: HVC on December 10, 2022, 02:08:58 PMSo many brits. Surprised they didn't combust form the sun already.

Rehydrating with Ronaldo's tears

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 10, 2022, 02:02:34 PMOTOH, even when winning, Messi insulted Louis van Gaal yesterday for some reason (a stare ?).  :P

Van Gaal does that to people I guess.  :P

Van Gaal had said that when Messi doesn't have the ball, Argentina only have 10 players.
Which is kind of true, but it still works.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on December 10, 2022, 02:08:58 PMSo many brits. Surprised they didn't combust form the sun already.

Even the English can survive 20°C in a city by the desert.

celedhring

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 10, 2022, 02:02:34 PMOTOH, even when winning, Messi insulted Louis van Gaal yesterday for some reason (a stare ?).  :P

He called him "bobo" which I don't know in Argentina, but over here is the kind of "insult" a prudish grandma would use  :lol:

HVC

Quote from: Gups on December 10, 2022, 02:11:00 PM

Now, now. All I'm saying is that every Brit I've seen you even look askance at the sun turns lobster red :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on December 10, 2022, 02:11:42 PM

Van Gaal had said that when Messi doesn't have the ball, Argentina only have 10 players.
Which is kind of true, but it still works.

Then why Messi was so pissed off? There was there was another tantrum at Weghorst, for some reason.

HVC

Also, I think they'll beat France.

celedhring

Think I'm gonna root for the referee in this one.  <_<

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on December 10, 2022, 02:13:32 PM

He called him "bobo" which I don't know in Argentina, but over here is the kind of "insult" a prudish grandma would use  :lol:

It's stronger in Argentina for some reason because I was not impressed by the Castilian (not rioplatense) original meaning.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Gups on December 10, 2022, 02:11:00 PM

For those who survived Ronaldo's tears in 2016, that is.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on December 10, 2022, 02:14:50 PMThink I'm gonna root for the referee in this one.  <_<

Think of it this way: one of your hated teams is going away, no matter what. Enjoy the moment. :)

HVC