News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on December 10, 2022, 12:03:50 PMSpain and Portugal, took a few centuries but moors got their reconquesta revenge :D :cry:

Ceuta and Melilla, they are not that greedy, come on. Too late. Salado was in 1340.

celedhring

Moroccoans in my neighborhood partying like it's 1578 again.

Josephus

Morocco beat both their EU4 era rivals. Well done.
Next up, possibly their colonial overlords.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Special mention for Cheddira who did his best to put Portugal back in the game.

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 10, 2022, 11:47:09 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2022, 11:36:32 AM
Quote from: Gups on December 10, 2022, 11:12:09 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2022, 11:04:33 AMJeez, Neuer can't catch a break. Upon returning from Qatar he went on a skiing holiday and broke his leg, missing the rest of the season now.

I'm kind of amazed footballers are allowed to go skiing or do dangerous sports

I know that it's standard for them to have contract clauses preventing them from things like riding mopeds and the like, but maybe this was considered off-season?
Quote from: Gups on December 10, 2022, 11:21:56 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 10, 2022, 11:17:23 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2022, 11:04:33 AMJeez, Neuer can't catch a break. Upon returning from Qatar he went on a skiing holiday and broke his leg, missing the rest of the season now.

Any sportsman. Think of what happened to Schumacher.

Yeah but he'd retired by then.

If not, that accident retired him for good, unfortunately.

Well, at 36 he is close to retirement anyway. As a keeper he can still play for a few more years if he wants, provided he fully recovers from the broken leg. I can't see him returning to the German national team, though.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on December 10, 2022, 12:06:02 PMMoroccoans in my neighborhood partying like it's 1578 again.

More like a Salado in reverse, both Spain Castille and Portugal beaten.  :nerd:

Unfortunately, Costa will still stay in power not that the Spanish PM would be better of course.  :P

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 10, 2022, 11:50:49 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2022, 11:36:32 AM

I know that it's standard for them to have contract clauses preventing them from things like riding mopeds and the like, but maybe this was considered off-season?
Yeah I wonder if it's a consequence of winter world cup? They might be technically out of their club's control?

Don't know, maybe? Some players went back to their teams as soon as their participation was over, if Neuer was on holiday maybe German or Bayern players had a different arrangement.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on December 10, 2022, 12:06:02 PMMoroccoans in my neighborhood partying like it's 1578 again.

There was heavy fireworking in some distance in town here as well.  :D

The Larch

Apparently Portuguese players are not very happy that the ref for the match was Argentinian and a couple of them went off in post-game interviews.

Gups

No noticeably poor decisions.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2022, 12:55:43 PMApparently Portuguese players are not very happy that the ref for the match was Argentinian and a couple of them went off in post-game interviews.

Quote from: Gups on December 10, 2022, 01:02:14 PMNo noticeably poor decisions.

Moroccans would perhaps disagree about the red car but that's it.

As for the player in question, it's Bruno Fernandes, in Man U whingeing mode. Pepe also, but he did not used  such a strong language as Bruno Fernandes.
Quote"Vou dizer o que tenho a dizer. Eles que se fodam depois" (f...  for fodam-se) is pretty close ;)
I suppose 8 minutes was less than yesterday's 10 minutes, but then it was against Argentina.

Harsh language used against the Portuguese coach, but by an Argentine, Georgina.  :D

Gups

France win the national anthems. Again.

Duque de Bragança

OTOH, even when winning, Messi insulted Louis van Gaal yesterday for some reason (a stare ?).  :P

Van Gaal does that to people I guess.  :P

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Gups on December 10, 2022, 01:57:44 PMFrance win the national anthems. Again.

Many more English in the stadium, so it did not feel like it on French TV.
For the singing I mean.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Gups on December 10, 2022, 01:57:44 PMFrance win the national anthems. Again.
They'll never lose that :frog:
Let's bomb Russia!