And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2022, 11:36:32 AM
Quote from: Gups on December 10, 2022, 11:12:09 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 10, 2022, 11:04:33 AMJeez, Neuer can't catch a break. Upon returning from Qatar he went on a skiing holiday and broke his leg, missing the rest of the season now.

I'm kind of amazed footballers are allowed to go skiing or do dangerous sports

I know that it's standard for them to have contract clauses preventing them from things like riding mopeds and the like, but maybe this was considered off-season?
Yeah I wonder if it's a consequence of winter world cup? They might be technically out of their club's control?
Let's bomb Russia!

Gups

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Threviel on December 10, 2022, 11:47:56 AMThis was fun and games when it was the Spanish and a possible QF. It's nothing funny now, go Portugal!

Threviel showing up, and red card against Morocco.  :hmm:
Obrigado.

Duque de Bragança

Portuguese crosses really crappy this game, not just Leão.

Gups

HVC

Morocco yet to concede a goal. Morocco Croatia final. Morocco wins on penalties.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Gups on December 10, 2022, 11:55:32 AMDunno how Pepe misses that

Same here.

Well, deserved win by Morocco. They played better, and improved compared to the game vs Spain.

Still, with the red, France or England will have it easier.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on December 10, 2022, 11:57:27 AMMorocco yet to concede a goal. Morocco Croatia final. Morocco wins on penalties.

They conceded an own goal vs Canada.  :P

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on December 10, 2022, 11:57:27 AMMorocco yet to concede a goal. Morocco Croatia final. Morocco wins on penalties.
One own goal. Greece 2004 vibes :lol:

:w00t: for Morocco though.
Let's bomb Russia!

Maladict

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 10, 2022, 11:58:16 AM

Can you concede when you do it to yourself? :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

The Larch

I guess that Morocco can now be officially considered the tournament's giant-killers.

Pretty underwhelming way for CR to go from WC history.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on December 10, 2022, 12:00:23 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 10, 2022, 11:58:16 AM

Can you concede when you do it to yourself? :D

It's an unwanted (con)cession.  :D

Gups

Going to Morocco for Christmas, kind of wish I was there now, must be crazy

HVC

Spain and Portugal, took a few centuries but moors got their reconquesta revenge :D :cry: