News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on December 10, 2022, 08:48:59 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on December 09, 2022, 11:55:53 AMThis World Cup sucks a lot of assholes to be honest. I just want the premier league to restart so I can watch good football again.

I respectfully disagree. I think it's been quite good. Far better than the last one.
We had very exciting third legs of the first round.
We had upsets.We had comebacks.
We had teams like Morocco winning their group ahead of favourites like Belgium and Croatia.
We had parity.
It's going on the semi finals and traditional powerhouses have been sent packing.
There's no clear cut favourite.

Overall it's been an unpredictable, exciting world cup.

The only drawback is the time of year. People arent' gathering in outside patios and bars to watch games, and the general, non-hardcore fan, interest is lacking.

I think that's fair. The two games yesterday were amazing, and the quality is lacking compared to league football but that is par for the course for the international game. But I think my general attitude with the games happening at all in Qatar has spoiled my enjoyment of the football.

A shame this all happened this way. I love the game, the skill, the fans, the theatrics and shithousery on and off the pitch. Nothing else like it in the world.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 10, 2022, 08:28:33 AM
Quote from: HVC on December 10, 2022, 08:16:30 AMSay what you you will, but they do good taunting.
I think it's a fairly weak publicity stunt.

Certainly compared to what is, for me, now the gold standard of projecting something onto a building (weirdly common here :huh:) is the Star projecting Liz the Lettuce onto parliament :lol:

Their French has improved, to be fair.  :P

HVC

Son of a bitch. Argentine ref :ph34r:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Cristiano back on the bench today against Morocco. Don't know if it was true but apparently after being named to the bench in the previous game he threw a hissy fit and threatened to leave the team. Let's see if he grows into a new role as super sub. I think he can do very well against a tired defence in the 2nd half.

Duque de Bragança

I would not believe everything the tabloids say about him.
The move to Saudi Arabia is not even confirmed for instance.

HVC

Santos denied it. And while he has reason to lie, he has more reason to just say nothing if it happened.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Duque de Bragança

That constant booing from the Moroccan fans (same during the game vs Spain), as soon as the other side gets the ball, is boring.

Gups

Good goal. Poor from the keeper

Valmy

Let's go Morocco! You got this!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Poor from Dias, the defender, and the goalkeeper.
Letting such a cross was a bad idea, with hindsight.

Hitting the bar just after, baraka is on the Moroccan side but they have been playing better, more offensively than against Spain.

Moroccan side could have killed the game with a counter just after that though.  :hmm:

HVC

Gups

Shocking dive by Fernandes. Should have been booked.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 10, 2022, 10:18:57 AMThat constant booing from the Moroccan fans (same during the game vs Spain), as soon as the other side gets the ball, is boring.

Boooo!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

I am going to be at a basketball game during the 90 minute war this afternoon. But maybe me not being able to post will help.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 10, 2022, 10:58:15 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 10, 2022, 10:18:57 AMThat constant booing from the Moroccan fans (same during the game vs Spain), as soon as the other side gets the ball, is boring.

Boooo!

More please, from you it's good. :) It has worked so well!