News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

God dammit. Even when I want them to win Argentina manages to anger me 🤣
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Gups

Maladict

Quote from: Gups on December 09, 2022, 04:15:44 PMAnd back to boring

Everyone has been booked once at this point  :lol:

HVC

Punishment for Double yellows between games are canceled for the finals, yes?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on December 09, 2022, 03:54:46 PM
Quote from: Maladict on December 09, 2022, 03:52:16 PMTerrible ref btw

Of course, it's the Spanish representative.  :P

Not that the French, Turpin, is really better, if that's of any consolation.  :P

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on December 09, 2022, 04:20:10 PMPunishment for Double yellows between games are canceled for the finals, yes?

After the quarter finals, yes.

The Larch

Quote from: HVC on December 09, 2022, 04:20:10 PMPunishment for Double yellows between games are canceled for the finals, yes?

I think it gets reset after the QF, yes, with the aim of preventing players from missing the final due to bookings.

HVC

Gups

But if you get a red you are out I think

The Larch

Quote from: Gups on December 09, 2022, 04:30:07 PMBut if you get a red you are out I think

Yeah, you always miss the game on a red, it's only for the yellow cards.

Barrister

Oh man - I forgot my brother, his family, and my mother are all in Brazil right now - so of course they were all watching the game with all my brother's in-laws.

That would be quite the environment to watch a game - too bad the overall result.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on December 09, 2022, 04:43:12 PMOh man - I forgot my brother, his family, and my mother are all in Brazil right now - so of course they were all watching the game with all my brother's in-laws.

That would be quite the environment to watch a game - too bad the overall result.

How can you forget your mother is in Brazil 😁
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Ugh. Penalties again.  Anyway to get rid of these? Especially the final. 30 minute Silver goal and then suden death no clock. 

Duque de Bragança

Pretty short penalty sessions so far.  :hmm:

celedhring

Quote from: HVC on December 09, 2022, 04:48:01 PMUgh. Penalties again.  Anyway to get rid of these? Especially the final. 30 minute Silver goal and then suden death no clock. 

They experimented with silver/golden goals in the 1990s and it didn't really work out. Teams were even more terrified of conceding.

Penalties are always great drama (even if I'm still hurting for the last ones  <_< )