News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Oh my. Now this is intriguing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Will the Croats score the third by shooting down in the middle again?  :hmm:

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Well no, but Modric scored anyways.

Valmy

Damn. Missed the net. How humiliating.

Enjoy your flight home Brazil.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 09, 2022, 12:40:05 PMHopefully for Brazil, they trained for penalties more than Japan or Spain.

A bit more, but not enough.

Quite the upset!

FunkMonk

Croatia are the new Germany lol
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Can't believe that Croatian goalie plays locally in Zagreb...he's got to be picked up by top tier teams.

Also friend of mine bet $20 on Croatia and Holland winning today, he will get $650 if Holland pull through now.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Gups

Gups

Quote from: Josephus on December 09, 2022, 12:54:40 PMCan't believe that Croatian goalie plays locally in Zagreb...he's got to be picked up by top tier teams.

Also friend of mine bet $20 on Croatia and Holland winning today, he will get $650 if Holland pull through now.

The goalie was superb.

Gups

Croatia are kind of amazing really.

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on December 09, 2022, 12:54:40 PMCan't believe that Croatian goalie plays locally in Zagreb...he's got to be picked up by top tier teams.

He repelled endless futile Brazilian attacks like Svetozar Boroević once defended the Isonzo.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Gups on December 09, 2022, 12:56:49 PM

The goalie was superb.

Except maybe on the goal he suffered, but otherwise kept his team alive during the whole game in general and proved decisive, again, during the penalties.

The Larch

A Spanish expert I've been following for the WC kept repeating during the whole tournament that he couldn't believe how that guy was still playing in Croatia at his age. He's a clear candidate for a big signing either in this winter transfer market or during next summer.