News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tamas on December 06, 2022, 12:25:57 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 06, 2022, 12:24:13 PMUnobjectionable team?  :lmfao:

No team is, to be fair.

Well Maguire is annoying and crap and Kane is Kane but otherwise what's wrong with England?

Easy, England.  :P 
Lately, the last Euro campaign between diving and unduly "home advantage".

Gups

There's some ugly fuckers in the England team but they aren't dirty and are only boring about half the time so don't really understand the issue with them.

Gups

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 06, 2022, 12:33:47 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 06, 2022, 12:24:13 PMUnobjectionable team?  :lmfao:

No team is, to be fair.

Well Maguire is annoying and crap and Kane is Kane but otherwise what's wrong with England?

They dive just as much as every other team and roll around trying to get the oppo sent off much less than most others ( cough Ronaldo)

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 06, 2022, 12:30:23 PM
Quote from: Tamas on December 06, 2022, 12:25:57 PMWell Maguire is annoying and crap and Kane is Kane but otherwise what's wrong with England?
I say this as an Everton fan but Jordan Pickford is really annoying :lol:

Ok yeah, I forgot about him.  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

Well, game waking up in the last minutes with both Morocco and Spain having great chances.

Still, a penalty shootout is coming.

Gups

Quote from: Gups on December 06, 2022, 12:35:57 PM

No team is, to be fair.

They dive just as much as every other team and roll around trying to get the oppo sent off much less than most others ( cough Ronaldo)

I mean Ronaldo has his own diving highlights reel

https://youtu.be/st3676ruggg

Duque de Bragança

No team is, to be fair.

So now you recognise they dive a loot? Good.
Ah, I see, sour grapes from 2006. Tell Rooney to get a brain next time and the team how to take penalties (improved lately).

Thing is, the Three liions are much better at it diving than Ronaldo, they got goals from it.
Ronaldo got targeted by Bouhlarouz in the previous game (battle of Nuremberg) remember? Or was it just dives?

As for the successful diving, England is only comparable to the best ones in that area, again not the Selecção.

Gups

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Gups on December 06, 2022, 12:39:18 PM

No team is, to be fair.

I mean Ronaldo has his own diving highlights reel

https://youtu.be/st3676ruggg

Starting by CL, Ronaldo, not the Selecção.
Irrelevant. You mentioned Portugal.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Gups on December 06, 2022, 12:44:23 PMWow, terrible pens

English-style?  :P

j/k

They have improved, I admit.

HVC

Spain forgot the scoring part of their keep away game. 1019 vs 304 passes. Spain is allergic to penalties.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Morocco in, Roja out.

People are shouting in the streets, lots of honking.

Even a blind could see.

celedhring

Well, that sucked :D

Anyway, my issue with England is their media and fans, rather than the team itself. If they win, they'll be downright insufferable.

HVC

Quote from: HVC on November 23, 2022, 12:55:38 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 23, 2022, 12:53:41 PM6-0 now, with 8 minutes of stoppage time. Maybe Hispanics should stop the carnage against fellow Hispanics.  :P

Well no, Morata scored. Almost all shots on goal are are goals.

Like I said in the England game, god only gives so many goals, they shouldn't waste them all on the first game.

I was 1 for 2 :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Gups

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 06, 2022, 12:43:33 PM

No team is, to be fair.

So now you recognise they dive a loot? Good.
Ah, I see, sour grapes from 2006. Tell Rooney to get a brain next time and the team how to take penalties (improved lately).

Thing is, the Three liions are much better at it diving than Ronaldo, they got goals from it.
Ronaldo got targeted by Bouhlarouz in the previous game (battle of Nuremberg) remember? Or was it just dives?

As for the successful diving, England is only comparable to the best ones in that area, again not the Selecção.

If Kane gets a touch in the box, he goes down. Just like every other striker in the world. I don't like it much but it's reality.

Ronaldo goes down without being touched and tries to get people sent off for nothing. Rooney is just one example amongst dozens and by no means the worst. Brilliant footballer, horrible human being.