News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on December 03, 2022, 01:18:50 PMSo that's CONCACAF over and done with. Telling that Canada topped the qualifying group.

It is kind of astounding that after all the progress North American Soccer has made the past 30 years we have very little to show for it in the World Cup.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on December 03, 2022, 01:25:10 PM
Quote from: Josephus on December 03, 2022, 01:18:50 PMSo that's CONCACAF over and done with. Telling that Canada topped the qualifying group.

It is kind of astounding that after all the progress North American Soccer has made the past 30 years we have very little to show for it in the World Cup.

CONCACAF has arguably the worst competition. Difficult to improve much against Europe and South America when you're playing Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica over and over again.

Mexico/US/maybe Canada now are the only decent teams, and all are second round teams at most.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

I figure the only way to get better is more and more players in the top European leagues.

I can't decide who to root for now.  I've historically backed Germany.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 03, 2022, 01:32:56 PM

CONCACAF has arguably the worst competition. Difficult to improve much against Europe and South America when you're playing Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica over and over again.

Mexico/US/maybe Canada now are the only decent teams, and all are second round teams at most.

I'm hearing Canada is trying to get into the Copa American competition.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 03, 2022, 01:32:56 PMCONCACAF has arguably the worst competition. Difficult to improve much against Europe and South America when you're playing Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica over and over again.
All Jack Warner's work for this disrespect <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 03, 2022, 01:54:10 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on December 03, 2022, 01:32:56 PMCONCACAF has arguably the worst competition. Difficult to improve much against Europe and South America when you're playing Trinidad and Tobago and Jamaica over and over again.
All Jack Warner's work for this disrespect <_<
:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Gups

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 03, 2022, 01:32:56 PM

I imagine it's impossible to merge with the South Americans?

Gups

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 03, 2022, 01:43:53 PMI figure the only way to get better is more and more players in the top European leagues.

I can't decide who to root for now.  I've historically backed Germany.

South Korea doesn't float your boat?

HVC

Argies aren't being overly inspiring
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Gups

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Gups on December 03, 2022, 02:19:31 PMSouth Korea doesn't float your boat?

:hmm:

I've not been a fan of Korean character, but the newer generations seem better.  Sure, why not.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on December 03, 2022, 02:27:56 PMArgies aren't being overly inspiring

Yet they are leading by 1-0. A lesson to remember?  :P

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 03, 2022, 02:45:36 PM
Quote from: HVC on December 03, 2022, 02:27:56 PMArgies aren't being overly inspiring

Yet they are leading by 1-0. A lesson to remember?  :P

Push the defender so that he stupidly retaliates against another player? :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!