News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Injured Brazilian player not yet subtituted, so 10 vs 11. Hot situation in the Cameroon area just before.
Will Brazil be the only side winning the three first games?

Josquius

I've abandoned Brazil to scour the back reaches of the programme guide for Switzerland.

Fecking itv.

As to uniting against Portugal... I'm torn.
I am the anti mono in liking when new teams win and most Portuguese I've met have been decent people.
But Ronaldo.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

The Brazil vs Cameroon is not that bad, but nowhere near Switzerland vs Serbia in terms of excitement.

Duque de Bragança

Cameroon 1 Brazil 0
Vincent Abubakar

Not enough for Cameroon to qualify, Serbia has yet to tie.
Great for the last minutes.

Duque de Bragança

Now that's dumb, as a move and as a rule, second yellow for taking off the jersey for the scorer.

:frusty:

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Just realised I really should have sought out Switzerland-Serbia earlier given a large chunk of the Swiss team are of Albanian heritage.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Let's go america* and Australia**

*Possible
**unlikely
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Zoupa

I loathe Suarez, so I'm glad Ghana stuck his nose in it. His tears at the end were glorious.  :showoff:

Jacob

What the Uruguay do to Ghana in 2010?

Zoupa

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Josquius on December 02, 2022, 03:54:18 PMJust realised I really should have sought out Switzerland-Serbia earlier given a large chunk of the Swiss team are of Albanian heritage.

Large chunk = 3 guys.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zoupa on December 02, 2022, 04:22:58 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM-29hy-Qyw

Suarez being a piece of shit basically.

Wrong example. He took one for the team à la Thierry Henry.

Now, his repeated bites against opponents are despicable, vs Chiellini for instance.

Duque de Bragança

Great performance by Cameroon, but Switzerland and Serbia count too.

No team won its first three games, a first I think.

PS: did it happen in 1994 as well?