News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Germany might be in trouble even if they beat Costa Rica, they probably want to beat them badly. Interesting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

They just need to beat them 8-0 and they will qualify.  :P

Barrister

Well that sucks for Canada.  I wasn't convinced they'd move out of the group phase, but I thought they'd win or tie a game at least.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 01, 2022, 12:34:43 PMThey just need to beat them 8-0 and they will qualify.  :P

If Japan ties Spain then Germany only needs to win by two in order to advance I think. If Japan beats Spain, then yeah Germany needs that 8-0 win  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2022, 12:45:42 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on December 01, 2022, 12:34:43 PMThey just need to beat them 8-0 and they will qualify.  :P

If Japan ties Spain then Germany only needs to win by two in order to advance I think. If Japan beats Spain, then yeah Germany needs that 8-0 win  :lol:

Or go double upset with Japan and Costa Rica winning.  I mean it's highly unlikely, but would be interesting.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

頑張る日本!!

Wow. So if things stay this way... Germany is out :blink:

Aye they're weak lately but still. Them and Belgium would be a shocker.

Definitely thought the second japanese goal was out though
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Duque de Bragança

Costa Rica just tied.

Not enough for them to qualify. ;)

Duque de Bragança

Nationalelf just hit the post, twice.

Götterdämmerung?

Duque de Bragança

Josephus

Go Ticos

Would love to see Costa Rica and Japan qualify out of the group
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Holy shit, both Spain and Germany out as it stands

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on December 01, 2022, 03:10:38 PMWow. So if things stay this way... Germany is out :blink:
I don't understand what's happened with Germany in recent years :blink: :huh:

QuoteAye they're weak lately but still. Them and Belgium would be a shocker.
Belgium a bit but we all know the story of an ageing but fractious "golden generation" :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

2-1 for Costa Rica. Wow indeed.

Josephus

The world's flipped upside down
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011