News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Gets worse

Some people thought Canada could get 4 points out of this group

Lol

I always said that wouldn't happen.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

I told everyone who would listen getting 1 goal scored is already going to be an achievement.

This tournament re Canada reminds of Montreal's Impact run to the Concacaf Champions League final in 2015 against Club America.

Montreal got a 1-1 draw out of the game of Mexico
Montreal took a 1-0 lead in the 1st half of the return game & then CA remembered who they were & hang 4 in the 2nd half.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

And I said getting a point will be tough. 
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Condolences to our Canadian brothers and sisters.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Morocco felt bad and gave them a goal.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Duque de Bragança

Great game of the afternoon is supposed to be Croatia-Belgium but I forgot, again.

Did not miss much it seems, half-time 0-0.

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 01, 2022, 10:42:27 AMCondolences to our Canadian brothers and sisters.

They looked so strong in qualifiers as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

Canada looking better.  Would be nice to get that second goal
Civis Romanus Sum

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2022, 11:03:03 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on December 01, 2022, 10:42:27 AMCondolences to our Canadian brothers and sisters.

Not enough international experience. They'll get better though, I think (hope lol)

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on December 01, 2022, 11:46:09 AM
Quote from: Valmy on December 01, 2022, 11:03:03 AM

Not enough international experience. They'll get better though, I think (hope lol)

You only need to get a point in 2026 and you won't be the worst co-host. I wonder how the seeding will work with 3 North American co-hosts.  :hmm: It was a bit of a farce for Qatar to be seeded.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Losing against Morocco and not winning a game vs Croatia. Simple, really.

Grey Fox

Morocco winning the group is not something I would have put any money on.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.