News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2022, 12:10:38 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 30, 2022, 11:57:23 AMWell done Australia. 

Feel bad for Tunisia

Why? They lost to Australia. They have no reason to complain about Australia advancing over them.

I feel sorry cause they beat France but didn't advance. A
Quote from: HVC on November 30, 2022, 12:12:37 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2022, 12:10:38 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 30, 2022, 11:57:23 AMWell done Australia. 

Feel bad for Tunisia

Why? They lost to Australia. They have no reason to complain about Australia advancing over them.

I assume he meant the last minute goal, that was then reversed :unsure:

No. I meant that they beat France, they played well. Feel sorry for the players for winning but yet losing.
But I'm happy for the Australians.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on November 30, 2022, 10:00:29 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 30, 2022, 09:42:20 AMFYI, France B vs Tunisia in 20 minutes.  :frog:

Think they're going to bother trying?

Judging by the squad and the result: no.  :D

HVC

Well nevermind then :D. I felt bad when they got scored on.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2022, 12:11:07 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 30, 2022, 11:11:20 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 29, 2022, 09:14:38 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 29, 2022, 06:20:30 PMGoalie seems like the only position you can start playing late.

Holy shit. Is 14 late? Did I doom my son by not starting him playing Soccer until 10?

10?

I had my kids playing soccer at like age 4.  And I don't even like soccer.

Because I put them in T-Ball.

I'm beginning to think the reason you haven't signed your kids up for youth hockey is out of a personal vendetta against me. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

Quote from: HVC on November 30, 2022, 11:31:47 AM
Quote from: celedhring on November 30, 2022, 11:26:45 AMA knee injury kept me from playing organized football until I was 14. Of course that's the only reason I didn't become a football superstar  :P

Mine was I realized I was blind and needed glasses too late.

I'm terribly near-sighted and I started playing organized soccer at 5. For years I was complete shit and always the worst player on my team until I started wearing prescription sports goggles  :D

Of course kids often made fun of my goggles, especially talking shit on the field. I would sometimes have the last laugh after scoring a goal in the game  :nelson:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on November 30, 2022, 12:18:09 PMWell nevermind then :D. I felt bad when they got scored on.

However, there was some lame last-ditch attempt with Griezmann trying to save the game, off-side goal. :nerd:

PS: great screw-up by the broadcaster here in France, ending the broadcast for commercials before the end of the VAR check in the stoppage time.  :lol:

Jacob

Denmark apparently couldn't retain the energy from the EC.

Didn't watch any of the games anyhow due to Qatar... I guess I didn't miss that much.

HVC

Quote from: Jacob on November 30, 2022, 12:40:05 PMDenmark apparently couldn't retain the energy from the EC.

Didn't watch any of the games anyhow due to Qatar... I guess I didn't miss that much.

I tried, but I failed quickly.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Tense group c game for Mexico. Ended One goal away from the knockouts.

Zoupa

Poland should be ashamed. I've rarely seen a team at any level be dominated like that.

Threviel

I've noticed that I've more and more lost interest, unless I'm watching with someone I just turn it off and go do something else. Qatar world cup sucks ass.

Shame about Denmark, but they didn't play with their usual gusto.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on November 30, 2022, 04:01:32 PMTense group c game for Mexico. Ended One goal away from the knockouts.

It's alright Mexico. You can enjoy watching the USA play against the Netherlands on your couches at home.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2022, 04:14:40 PM
Quote from: HVC on November 30, 2022, 04:01:32 PMTense group c game for Mexico. Ended One goal away from the knockouts.

It's alright Mexico. You can enjoy watching the USA play against the Netherlands on your couches at home.

Watching the post game they were literally a heel away from going through

Tamas

It ended up two goals away for Mexico, but Poland was indeed terrible and it won't be pretty them going against France.

Sheilbh

A Ghanaian MP, in their budget debate, using an extended Harry Maguire analogy :lol:
https://twitter.com/StevenRailston/status/1598278330742353920?s=20&t=5O2dvm90t2WurG88C_x0ew

I really hope "an economic Maguire" catches on (eg Brext: an economic Maguire). It would be incredible if this became the new "Leeds days".
Let's bomb Russia!